Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: I think I'm about caught up  (Read 14363 times)

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
I think I'm about caught up
« on: February 09, 2017, 12:04:36 pm »
Well, half caught up, sortof.  I've been reading the threads on here.  I skipped a few that didn't really interest me, and many of the market threads, since they're expired, but learned a lot about the club members over the years.

Being that this is a public forum, of course some things were omitted.  Many links to ebay, craigslist, etc have expired, and lots of pics are now missing, and there were references to offline conversations and activities. Of course, I don't actually KNOW any of you, so, just reading the threads is akin to listening to half of a conversation.

I've struggled a bit on threads with no apparent conclusion.

I read a lot of the threads aloud, which has been entertaining for the staff.

I'm a little confused.  Do some of the members have multiple personality disorders?  Crash86gt, Robs Fieros, and RobsFieros seem to be the same Rob.  Kevin appears to have been a member, then deleted his account, and now sells shirts to the club.

I went through the ups and downs of gaining members, losing members, losing contact with good members, and the deaths of various members.  Some members seem to have just faded away, but many of them were older.  I went through the various hospital visits and troubles for a number of members, as well as some accidents.  I read about the joys, sorrows, and frustrations posted here.  I read through anniversaries and birthdays.  I enjoyed the humor.

It would seem that the loss of Fiero GTB, Donster, and Duchess were big ones.  Anne seemed to be very energetic and vibrant.

Thank you all for sharing your lives with me.  Reading the threads here has helped brighten recent days.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: I think I'm about caught up
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 02:59:14 pm »
Robbie, RobsFieros, Crash86GT, Robs Fieros are all the same person.  As he recovered from his accident, his memory wasn't very good.  He didn't remember his password and registered as a different user because his old name was already taken.  I think he lets his computer remember his password, but having had several crashes, the passwords went along with the other data.  I think I sent you a link about his accident. 

88_Formula, aka Kevin, has had the printing and embroidery operation for many years, even when he was with the club.  He left the club for personal reasons, and almost if not completely got out of Fieros.  He lives here near me and I haven't seen his Formula since he left, a very long time ago.  He was having some problems with the 4.9 and The Fiero Factory apparently didn't fix the issues. 

Donster was president and as such was very active outside of his duties.  Anne was also very enthusiastic and they had a daughter who also had a Fiero.  Anne's parents were elderly and ill, so they moved to Germany to be near them.  Don, being ex military, had spent most of his time in Germany and was fluent in the language.

FieroGTB or 380GTB is still an occasional visitor and he and I are close friends, occasionally lunching together and frequently talking.  His wife has had some family medical issues that they devote their time to, as well as having done the same for one of his very close friends. 

We've also lost a number of younger members.  My personal belief is because they can't afford to maintain a 20 or 25 year old vehicle, and most don't have the knowledge to do their own work.  They seem to be more into the Honda scene. 

There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 03:04:46 pm »
I guess I'm old then, huh?  I certainly don't have the knowledge or money.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 09:24:56 pm by GTRS Fiero »

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 05:01:11 pm »
I guess I'm old then, huh?  I certainlt don't have the knowledge or money.

"Fieros. Making mechanics out of normal people for three decades."

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 05:04:06 pm »
And taking their hair.