Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: (2012) SAM MEMMOLO annual cruise-in to benefit Douglas County Humane Society  (Read 15752 times)

Fiero GTB

• I don't drive much, but when I do I drive my Fiero
    • View Profile
Sunday, April 29

Noon - 6:00 pm

New Location This Year:
Williamson Brothers' BBQ
Concourse Pkwy (near Sam's Club)
Douglasville

http://shadetreemechanic.com/images/sc0dc194a8.jpg

Fiero GTB
Every time my GPS says, "Your ETA is...,"
   I hear, "Your Time to Beat is..."

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
Thanks for posting, Tim!
Tammy told me about this. I'm a little disappointed that they're not doing the big car show like they have done in previous years.
I'm guessing it got too unwieldy, and/or that the Douglas County gestapo legislated it into oblivion.

Fiero GTB

• View Profile
Thanks for posting, Tim!
Tammy told me about this. I'm a little disappointed that they're not doing the big car show like they have done in previous years.
I'm guessing it got too unwieldy, and/or that the Douglas County gestapo legislated it into oblivion.

I am kind of disappointed, too; his BIG annual Dog & Car Show was incredible. My guess, however, is that because organizing that big of a show fell ALL onto Sam & his wife (who runs the Douglas County Humane Society), it just got too much to manage?  I'll ask him tomorrow and see if he gives me a non-politically correct straight answer...

FGTB

Fiero GTB

• View Profile

Well, FIEROS dominated the Sam Memmolo Cruise-In today!  That's right, three Fieros in a field of aobut 30 cars, trucks and motorcycles...  ;D

I brought my freshly WhoDeanied GTB, RatPee showed up in his glistening '86 GT, and a guy (Scott) formerly very active in the Northern Indiana Fiero Enthusiasts group had been the first to arrive in a '88 Formula that he'd purchased from Paul V. about 3 years ago.

I will post some more photos of Scott's Formula later, but here are some shots of the event in general:

http://pix.kg/p/873657579310%3A1184655781/scl

Fiero GTB

Rat Pee 86

Yep,

The scaled down version of this show went smoothly and an interesting mix of cars showed up (see Tim's EXCELLENT pix  -  thanks Tim !! ). Tim's got one of them thar new-fangled "glove" box thingys in his car.  I looked, but I didn't see no gloves in thar.  Shoot.  It IS nice, though.  Good place to hide your pistol (box has lock?).  Scott's Formula is one of the cleanest examples I've seen, so far.  Even has original paint and the rubber nibs are still on his tires.  His interior is a Mr. Mike's showroom - SWEET ! And he is sociable fellow, he ought to have a good time in our group ! Good to meet you, Scott !  The BBQ was hot and so was the weather, felt more like a July show than April, but we survived.  Glad I got to go to this show, last year and this,  to compare.  Not sure if I can make it to anymore events,  as my departure date for Florida is creeping closer (end of May) but,  I'll try.  Gonna miss the return to the Dragon this Fall, who knows, maybe I can haul the RatPeemobile to Daytona next Spring.  If anyone went to the Mitty at Road Atlanta this weekend, got pix? (I know Scott went, he may). So, anyway, hasta la vista !  8)

Tom