Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Those innocent conversations...  (Read 13921 times)

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Those innocent conversations...
« on: June 03, 2018, 01:58:32 pm »
One of our client companies was named after a girl who died very young.  This company had a board of directors, or bod.  Anyway, some expenditures were made without approval from the bod.  The bod was rather upset with us.  They can go for weeks without responding, and often miss deadlines.

Some of us were discussing how hot [the company]'s bod was, and how her bod wasn't very responsive.  Sometimes, you get the nod, then there is a reversal.  The monies paid had approval at the time.  So, we wanted to see her bod, and compare what her bod had with the approval paperwork.  The conversation went along those lines.

We were all reported to HR.  We were advised that, going forward, we should refer to it as "board".  That's just great.  We have the board of commissioners, the board of administrators, the board of executives, the board of HR professionals and several other boards.  This was a closed-door meeting, and the person who complained was not in the room.

To remove the confusion, one of the people in the group suggested abbreviating the names.  The board of administrators would be the board of admins; the board of executives would be the board of exec's; the board of commissioners would be the board of com's; and the boards of directors and HR professionals would be abbreviated with slang terms for male and female body parts, respectively.  Yeah, if the HR manager had told the person who complained to mind her own business and not listen in on private conversations, things would have been fine.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: Those innocent conversations...
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2018, 08:37:30 pm »
Along the same line of someone listening in on innocent conversations.

In the late 40's we were at my Maternal Grandparent's house for either Thanksgiving or Christmas.  I remember we were having periodic sleet.  My Mother's sister and her husband and kids lived with my Grandparents.  It was customary for the family to gather at those holidays.  I'll say it was probably Christmas because my cousin and I had bubble gum, probably from our Christmas candies and fruits.  For us farm families, this was one of the few times we got candies and fruits, other than the homemade or home grown varieties. 

As kids will do, we were stringing our gum out of our mouths.  Randall and I got into a little competition and the conversation went something like "Look how far I can stretch mine."  "Mine's longer than yours."  "No, mine's longer than yours." 

Well, our Grandmother was out in the hallway and heard our conversation.  Suddenly, the door burst open and in comes my Mother and Aunt.  There was no way in the world that we could convince them we were comparing our bubble gum, and we were both introduced to a good belt whipping. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Re: Those innocent conversations...
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 08:40:43 pm »
Yeah, nothing like that, but I got a lot of spankings for innocent things.  I deserved the spankings for other things, so I guess it worked out OK.