Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Found a good deal on Dynamat (and other items)...  (Read 15585 times)

CowsPatoot

• View Profile
Found a good deal on Dynamat (and other items)...
« on: August 01, 2012, 12:27:14 am »
I usually avoid cross-posting between Pennocks and here, but I thought a pleasant surprise and good review of a potential new supplier was worth it.

I wanted to use the Dynamat Hoodliner kit for firewall insulation on Fierfly (and wanted a proper rubber roller for installation)...so I started shopping around for the best price. I checked Summit, and total price for what I wanted was $195.58 shipped. Jegs was $203.96 shipped. Then I ran across http://www.streetsideauto.com . Their price for two of the hoodliners and the roller was $99.97 shipped (free shipping over $50). The price seemed too good to be true (you know the old saying...if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is). But...I took a chance since I was able to pay with paypal (buyer protection to back me up should the worst happen), and I have time to go to a backup plan.

Next morning, I had three tracking numbers in my email. Odd to ship each item separately from the same location...but since the shipping was free, that makes no difference to me. This morning (Tuesday), I awoke to find two hoodliner kits and a roller, all new in sealed packages, on my front porch (I ordered Thursday evening). Considering the price was half what I could get it for elsewhere...I thought it was worth mentioning.

Oh...and the hoodliner is the perfect size to use with the fierosails firewall pattern.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: Found a good deal on Dynamat (and other items)...
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 10:29:48 am »
That's a neat site.  I did some browsing around using 87 Fiero as the specific vehicle and there's lots of things that come up.  They've got a good selection of upgrade rotors for the Fiero, too. 

Pat, could you put a link up on our web site?  I'll send an email asking if it's OK. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

redraif

• View Profile
    • Indy SE #770 "Stormtrooper Edition"
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 02:51:30 pm »
Nice to know!  Thank u.  I have to do some sound proofing soon. 
1984 Modified Indy Fiero SE #770 "StormTrooper Edition"

Drag DR-34s
Frt: 225/45, 18x8, 39 offset , 84 WS6 springs -1.5 coils
Rear: 265/35, 18x8.5, 45 offset,  Coil-overs:  10 inch 300lb springs & 7 inch sleeve

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 07:43:56 pm »
If this is the same one, the price went down.  I've been thinking of removing the old stuff to clean up my engine compartment a bit.  Is this the right stuff?

http://www.streetsideauto.com/p/dynamat-11905/

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 08:24:01 pm »
Looks like it might be the same.  The dimensions srr the same as on the boxes Greg posted.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers