Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: How many Fieros...?  (Read 16633 times)

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
How many Fieros...?
« on: January 30, 2017, 06:15:51 pm »
I know about the club car and the Formula that was just picked up.  Other than those two, how many Fieros does the club still have?

I read about the Joel project, the rescue Fieros, and the wounded warrior projects.  I also read about a grey/black  2.8 that was bored out to 3.4.  Actually, I remember the tail of the Joel project, and saw a posting of the wounded warrior project on PFF.

What I haven't figured out is the current status of some of these projects.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 06:14:11 pm by GTRS Fiero »

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: How many Fieros...?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 09:17:08 pm »
The Joel Project is partially parted out.  It's scrap.  It has the rear cradle and transmission, top body panels, doors without skins, and that's about all.  Johnyrottin gave us possession of it to dispose of and the money was to go to the treasury for other projects.  It's a great chassis and has had some wiring convrsion done for a V6.  How much is there, we don't know.  It's for sale for scrap weight price.

The Fastback Formula is here at my home and needs the steering column tightened, probably the injectors removed and cleaned and a slave cylinder.  Dash and headlights need to be made operable.  Neither illuminate and the headlights don't raise.  It is the one with the engine bored .060 over and stroked to 3.4.  The engine is believed to have been a 3.1.  It's for sale.  It's the gray and black car. 

The New Formula is only in the beginning stages of evaluation.  Keys need to be cut for the trunk and a new ignition cylinder purchased and installed so it can be started when we get access to the engine bay. 

The club car belongs to me.  The club does upgrades and major repairs if wanted or needed.  I take car of general maintenance items.  I and the club have a 5 year agreement to this and if the car is sold during this period, money goes to the club.  I register and insure it at this time.  That agreement expires in May of this year and is renewable.  It's loaned out to paid members who need emergency or short term transportation.

The Wounded Warrior Project car wasn't wanted by Wounded Warrior Project.  They wanted cash, so we turned it into the Warrior Project car.  PGAckerman put us in contact with an organization that helped us find a recipient.  Our facebook page has some information and pictures on it, too, as well as our message board. 

The Rescue Fieros are private projects of f85gtron and pgackerman.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 09:38:45 pm by Fierofool »
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 09:32:17 pm »
I have the "new Formula" at my house, another Formula in pieces, another Formula that runs, and my yellow t-top "XD4" coupe.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 09:56:34 pm »
Where do you find room for all the parts/scrap cars?

So, the gray/black fastback formula is for sale for the last year or so.  I'm guessing it only sortof runs?  That makes more sense, going from a 3.1 to a 3.4.  I didn't believe a 2.8 could be safely bored that far.  Of course, they say that a 3.1 is a bored and stroked 2.8.  The dash doesn't work, as in the instrument cluster?

I was wondering how you handled the club car registration and insurance.  That would also explain why it doesn't have the club logo on the doors and hood or anything.

The Warrior Project car did find a home, then?

I am curious what engine is in the new Formula.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 10:23:26 pm »
There is only one parts/scrap car.  The Joel Project remains are at ThaDriver's shop. 

The Formula Fastback does run and drive very well.  I run it around my subdivision from time to time.  Maybe about 2 miles.  It has a light miss on one cylinder, but it still has lots of power.  With the column repaired, it's very streetable.  It may only require a bleed of the clutch system.  I can pump it up and get good pedal. 

The Club Car , aka Lil Duke Coupe, needs a paint job before it could get any club markings.  At one time, we discussed doing that and using it to represent the club and to lead us in parades rather than having to carry a banner.  Removable temporary adhesive vinyl decals would do the trick.  Our club is low budget and depends largely upon members doing the work so it hasn't been painted.

The new Formula, by all indications, has a 95 Buick Park Avenue 3800.  The ECM seems to support that conclusion, along with notes inserted into the 88 Factory Service Manual. 

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 10:27:09 pm »
I have the "new Formula" at my house, another Formula in pieces, another Formula that runs, and my yellow t-top "XD4" coupe.

Between the Joel project and ”another Formula in pieces”, I was counting 2.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2017, 10:32:19 pm »
The Formula in pieces belongs to Pat.  I believe it was one he got for one of the grand kids, but for some reason, that didn't work out. 

GrannyLinda

• I'm On The Right Track Baby, I WAS BORN THIS WAY !
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2017, 08:10:17 am »
Pat And I Have A 12' X 24' Barn With Fiero Parts In It.
The Parts Belong To The Club.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 08:18:07 am by tshark »
I'm On The Right Track Baby !!!!
I WAS BORN THIS WAY !!!!

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2017, 08:14:40 am »
Is Tha Driver the club member who does painting?  How much does it cost to paint a Fiero?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 07:58:01 pm by tshark »

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2017, 08:18:32 am »
Pat And I Have A 12' X 24' Barn With Fiero Parts In It.
The Parts Belong To The Club.

Linda, how did Pat get you to agree to this (the parts, the cars, etc)?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 07:41:25 am by tshark »

GrannyLinda

• I'm On The Right Track Baby, I WAS BORN THIS WAY !
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2017, 08:20:06 am »
My Idea
I'm On The Right Track Baby !!!!
I WAS BORN THIS WAY !!!!

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2017, 08:21:57 am »
LOL!  I guess I'm SOL.  My wife has other ideas.

Lucky man you are, Pat.

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2017, 09:54:10 am »
The story behind the barn: Linda's son lived with us for a while. During that time, he needed a place to store his stuff, so he built the barn in our back yard. All legal -- building permit, etc. And when he moved out, he took his stuff. And there was this other guy who had a bunch of Fiero parts that he needed removed, because he was moving. So one Saturday we had a little convoy, and now the parts are in the barn.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2017, 10:14:34 am »
Is the 3.4 actively for sale, or just if it happens?  Registered?

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2017, 11:12:41 am »
If you mean the Formula Fastback, it isn't registered.  It's still in the name of the person we got it from.  The same person who donated the Warrior Project 88GT. 

The car hasn't been advertised for sale except among club members and occasionally promoted to someone who claims to be looking for a Fiero.