Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: How many Fieros...?  (Read 16632 times)

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Re: How many Fieros...?
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2017, 11:30:45 am »
I suspect a deterrent to purchasing would be the $25/month back fees to register.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2017, 01:14:18 pm »
No back fees in Georgia, at least not where I live.  If a car is off the road say for a blown engine for years, how can they justify paying taxes which are assessed for road use?  The car's currently titled in Tennessee, and I don't believe they charge back taxes before releasing the title to a new state or owner. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2017, 07:49:09 pm »
For anyone following along who is a latecomer, like me, the link below is to the fastback Formula mentioned in this thread.

http://www.gafiero.org/bbs/index.php?topic=2234.0

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2017, 08:39:23 pm »
The Formula fastback is where I got the inspiration for the one that I built.
I remember talking to Dave, soon after he built it. The engine started life as a 2.8 or 3.1, and was bored and stroked to a 3.4. I think he built it himself.
It's got an Ocelot (I think) exhaust on it, and a lumpy sounding cam. One of the best sounding Fieros I've ever heard.
With a little bit of mechanical work and a few cosmetics, it'll be a really nice car.
I was thinking about buying it at one time, but I already have a Formula FB, and I wanted a notchie, anyway.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2017, 08:44:57 pm »
Um, which member is Dave?

I wondered about your fastback.  The problem with a fastback conversion, is that you have to deal with the scarcity of tail lights and quarter windows for the GT.

I wonder which exhaust it has (Borla or Ocelot).  I understood that the Borla was the best.

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2017, 10:50:24 pm »
Dave Belville. He got out of Fieros and is no longer with the club. Charlie has spoken with him, fairly recently, however. Good guy.

Mine has been a fastback for about ten years. The tail lights were not really an issue, then. (And I have a set of "slammed" skins, and some marginal spare lights, if I need them.)
The quarter windows I have are still in production. Just not available though the same vendor, unfortunately.

The Borla system is probably the best Fiero system ever made. But the price was just... breathtaking. (Over a thousand, if I remember correctly.)
I have owned several Ocelot systems. Sound just like stock, only a little bit louder. At probably 1/4 - 1/3 the price of the Borla (which is no longer available anyway.)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 10:56:55 pm by Raydar »

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2017, 11:27:24 pm »
Dave built this car in the eearly to mid 90's.  There are some other mods, like a water separator that removes water from the crankcase vapors.  In many ways he was ahead of many others.  He had some medical issues that got him out of Fieros and doesn't remember everything about the car, particularly if he used a 2.8 or 3.1, but he thinks it was a front wheel drive engine.  From a wrecked vehicle.  Almost new.  Still had hash marks on the cylinder walls before he bored it.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2017, 11:53:20 pm »
I was wondering, in case he posted on here, but obviously not that far back.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2017, 11:54:12 pm »
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 12:35:37 pm by tshark »

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2017, 07:38:54 am »