Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: 86 Fiero SE  (Read 29380 times)

l82roadster

• View Profile
Re: 86 Fiero SE
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2008, 11:26:54 pm »
I found Steel pistons at Rock Auto for $11.00 a piece. Next the gas tank is coming out.we cranked the car over on Saturday. How available is a Gt rear clip, I would like to put the gt sail panels and rear roof and a sunroof in the car,I really would like t-tops but unless there are aftermarket t tops I doubt(looking at production numbers) that I will find a t-top donor car.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2008, 11:43:16 pm »
Rear fastback cllips are out there, but you usually don't get a good set of windows with them.  Aside from the clip, you'd need the GT tail lights and rear wiring harness, plus some other internal mounts and panels that are different than the notchback.  There was an 87 with the rear clip and harness down here near me.  Don't know if it's still there, though.  I can check if you want.

ThaDriver did have an 88 t-top he was parting out.  Don't know if he still has it.  I think he said it had been sold.  Unless they've been kept inside, most t-top gaskets are in poor condition.  Some of them aren't available any more.  Topnotch had a good article on making some of them.  I think it's in the tech section here in the bulletin board.  RobsFieros has several roof sections.  I believe he told me today that he had the outer as well as the headliner board.  You'd probably be happier in the long run with a sunroof, at least when it rains.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2008, 11:40:15 am »
See how to make your own p-seals here. The other seals are going to be much harder.
My t-tops don't leak in the rain, but they do in a car wash, where the water comes from the side at high force.
My sunroof car used to leak in the rain, until I drilled drain holes. There's a write-up about that on Pennock's somewhere.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2008, 02:41:12 pm »
I just saw that ThaDriver on this forum has a complete fastback conversion.  Contact him if you're interested.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

l82roadster

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2008, 07:09:24 pm »
Cool guy's Thanks for the info.

Tha Driver

• View Profile
    • Angel On Earth
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2008, 08:06:52 pm »
I have the fastback peices, & still have the T-Top too. I've been talked out of using it for target pratice & parting it out, but I would still part it out if I could sell the top clip & enough other parts to get my money back. Or you can DRIVE the whole thing home for $1700. Interesting trades considered.
You can email me at ImThaDriver at yahoo.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Why do they call it reckless driving if it causes wrecks?

l82roadster

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2008, 08:35:36 pm »
Driver, I wish I had some money right now to buy that car.I removed my fuel tank last night and it was full of what looks like rust or sand. I am going to try to mix some sodium carbonate and hot water and filling the tank, attaching a battery charger and using electrolosys to get the rust out. Anybody have good ideas to clean a fuel tank out.

RobsFieros

• View Profile
    • East Tennessee Fiero Club
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2008, 08:50:32 pm »
..................................................BOOM............................................................................
Robert Finley
President-East Tennessee Fiero Club
Member- Georgia Fiero Club
RobsFieros58@comcast.net

oldone

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2008, 09:07:51 pm »
rob----you bad---hahahahahaha
the world is a sh t sandwich and everyday is another little bite

RobsFieros

• View Profile
    • East Tennessee Fiero Club
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2008, 09:14:55 pm »
l82roadster what color is your 86 SE?
Robert Finley
President-East Tennessee Fiero Club
Member- Georgia Fiero Club
RobsFieros58@comcast.net

Tha Driver

• View Profile
    • Angel On Earth
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2008, 10:28:32 pm »
Driver, I wish I had some money right now to buy that car.I removed my fuel tank last night and it was full of what looks like rust or sand. I am going to try to mix some sodium carbonate and hot water and filling the tank, attaching a battery charger and using electrolosys to get the rust out. Anybody have good ideas to clean a fuel tank out.
Do you have anything to trade? Interesting cars; tools; video game consoles, controllers, memory chips, & games; guns; motorcycle parts; home & auto electronics; - as long as it's legal.
I would look for another gas tank. You should be able to find one; Rob may have one. I sold the last two I had.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

l82roadster

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2008, 04:36:50 pm »
Rob it's black with a grey interior. I will be doing a repaint to black.