Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Newsletter! responses  (Read 43181 times)

GTXVette

• View Profile
Re: Newsletter! responses
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2018, 08:12:27 am »
Admin. Announcements,  At least change the Date. someone seeing that as the Opining Page may think No ones Home. 2015 has been a minute.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2018, 06:50:07 pm »
Admin. Announcements,  At least change the Date. someone seeing that as the Opining Page may think No ones Home. 2015 has been a minute.

Do you mean the membership thread?

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2018, 06:51:29 pm »
I made a few changes to the Newsletter thread to make it more appealing.

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2018, 07:27:53 pm »
Did we not just have elections?   the last Shown in that title(Admin. Announcements).was 2015 and postings below that are even Older.  Not like it needs more current postings but like some one is keeping it in the Present. It could be moved to Club members at the Bottom.

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2018, 07:36:11 pm »
 Just looked at the Newsletter It Looks great. When you say 'Mail' is that paper or just to downlaod?.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2018, 07:45:31 pm »
Sorry.  Email.  Just to download.

I have a profusion of articles for this month, but if you tell me your areas of expertise, I can give you some article ideas.

I'm trying to give the newsletter a theme.  This doesn't involve roller-coasters or anything like that, and don't expect Disney characters, but I'd like the articles to complement each other.  To this end, articles aren't chosen at random; the newsletters have purpose.  At least, that's my intent.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 08:38:34 pm by GTRS Fiero »

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2018, 10:49:11 pm »
If you are referring to this Forum's Admin Announcements, they are only necessary when major changes to the forum are made.

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2018, 02:25:06 am »
If you are referring to this Forum's Admin Announcements, they are only necessary when major changes to the forum are made.
  I suppose I was using my own experince when I first looked at this web site and saw 2015 on the announcements and Said "This Place Is Dead" I know that's kind of Shallow on my part, I don't think I am the only one that looks at A Site that Way though. All Good Just trying to Help.

pgackerman

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2018, 07:44:40 am »

I'm trying to give the newsletter a theme.  This doesn't involve roller-coasters or anything like that, and don't expect Disney characters, but I'd like the articles to complement each other.  To this end, articles aren't chosen at random; the newsletters have purpose.  At least, that's my intent.

Now you have me thinking about characters like Pontiac Pete and Fanny Fiero. 
Red '88 GT 5-Speed, 7730ECM, 1.6 Rockers, and KEYLESS Entry! 
Now with a trailer hitch for my bike rack.
Southland Jubilee 2019 Best in Class

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2018, 08:19:17 am »
Our very own comic strip?  It would require more artistic talent than I possess.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2018, 08:39:18 am »
In addition to any outstanding articles, I currently have bare bones for 28 tech articles, 17 review articles, and 3 history articles.  I've found that, as I go through articles, they bring up other article ideas.

Review articles are based on new vendors and new products, so I hope that those will be no problem.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2018, 06:50:05 pm »
The upcoming newsletter should see a return of the Member Spotlight section.  Anyone care to hazard a guess on the first victim--um--subject?

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2018, 12:56:23 pm »
For anyone interested in seeing an alternate version of the March newsletter, it's posted in the Members' section.  Let me know what you think.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2018, 05:55:25 pm »
The upcoming newsletter should see a return of the Member Spotlight section.  Anyone care to hazard a guess on the first victim--um--subject?

No one?  I'll give you a hint.  It isn't me.  Let's see.

Just to make it easy, how about a bit more.  I haven't met this person.  Um, anything else that may be helpful...This person owns a Fiero.  It's 2 colors.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2018, 06:16:43 pm »
Of the 3 styles depicted, I like the last one best, but I really liked the one with the shaded background.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers