Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Carlisle 25th Anniversary  (Read 17629 times)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Carlisle 25th Anniversary
« on: April 02, 2019, 06:27:18 pm »
The Carlisle Show will be a 4 day event this year in celebration of it's 25th year.  The longest running Fiero Car Show in history. 

The dates are June 20-23.  I imagine the 23rd will be a short day, maybe for awards like the All Pontiacs At Pigeon Forge used to do. 

Anyway, I've been considering going up on Friday the 21st and coming back on Sunday the 23rd.  Is anyone interested in going along to help represent the Georgia Fiero Club?  I've been in communication with the organizers and there is interest in some of the MAFOA group joining us for RFTH.  This could be a badly needed infusion of new participants for us.  You don't have to enter the car show to be a part of it, so don't worry about the paint job. 

I'd like to have someone to share a room with me and my granddaughter and for company at the event. 

Anyone have any interest in going?
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: Carlisle 25th Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2019, 11:38:13 am »
Anyone considering going? 

Quality Inn-North, 1825 Harrisburg Pike, Carlisle, PA, 17015, Phone: (717) 245-2242.   $123/night.

EDIT:  Jennifer Goss (FieroChic88) has arranged the group rate of $123 per night.  This is for the MAFOA or NEFA group rate.  That's Mid Atlantic Fiero Owners Assoc. or New England Fiero Assoc.  The desk pretended to no nothing of these groups and tried to charge me at a higher rate.  I insisted that a group rate of $123 had been agreed upon so he relented and gave me that rate. 

So, if you intend to go, insist on the group rate. 

« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 07:53:22 pm by Fierofool »

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

MikeMac

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 11:38:01 pm »
My 8th wedding anniversary is the 22nd and considering I would like to make it to my 9th anniversary I'm out. I was strongly considering it before I learned the dates.

Happy Wife...Happy Life

scottb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2019, 07:11:33 pm »
Mike, take her to the Poconos..... with a little side trip  ;)......... you should know how to play the game by now  8)

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2019, 09:07:15 pm »
Very nice country up in the mountains, there.

MikeMac

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2019, 10:21:23 am »
I wouldn't dream of asking my wife to drive all the way to Carlisle in a Fiero! She is the person that has picked me up off the side of the road too many times. She is convinced they aren't reliable cars and I tend to agree with her.

She refuses to ride in the Aerodon car... she was behind me when I drove it home from the shop and it wanted to switch ends while going straight. This after 1 of the most extensive alignment and suspension checks I've ever done. I see a Solstice in my near future.

I'll start a thread about the issues with the Aerodon car.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 10:25:44 am by MikeMac »

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2019, 11:12:26 am »
I've been to the last three Fiero anniversaries in Fieros, to Texas and back in Fieros, to Florida and back (when my daughter lived there, and for other reasons) in Fieros. I've probably racked up more miles in Fieros than in any other brand of car. They always got me there and back. And they are the most comfortable highway cars I have driven in.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

Slyp

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2019, 12:34:54 pm »
How are your kindeys????? ;D

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2019, 05:46:53 pm »
I have found my Fiero to be reliable, if taken care of.  Seating is comfy, and I have driven 11 hours in a day in my Fiero.

Something to note, is that the ride in an '88 GT is vastly better than the ride in prior year Fieros.  You may not notice the difference for the first few hours, but after 8 or 9 hours, you certainly will notice.  Of course, this is with good tires, suspension, etc on both Fieros.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2019, 05:59:40 pm »
I wouldn't dream of asking my wife to drive all the way to Carlisle in a Fiero! She is the person that has picked me up off the side of the road too many times. She is convinced they aren't reliable cars and I tend to agree with her.

She refuses to ride in the Aerodon car... she was behind me when I drove it home from the shop and it wanted to switch ends while going straight. This after 1 of the most extensive alignment and suspension checks I've ever done. I see a Solstice in my near future.

It is too bad that you both weren't able to make the Ladies' Day meeting.  Fieros are about people.  Many car clubs are about cars, some are about the owners; but Fieros are about people.  I have met some of the best people at Fiero-related activities.

I am interested to read about the Aerodon car.  Maybe it needs a shakedown drive by one of the Fiero people.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2019, 07:59:24 pm »
Just spoke with OldOne.  His son-in-law is at Carlisle this week for a car show.  He also owns several GM show cars, so Dewey is going to see if his son-in-law will consider bringing one of his GM cars to the show.  Might get to see Old Dewey there. 

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2019, 08:02:04 pm »
A bonus!  Glad OldOne is doing OK.

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2019, 08:37:28 pm »
She refuses to ride in the Aerodon car... she was behind me when I drove it home from the shop and it wanted to switch ends while going straight. This after 1 of the most extensive alignment and suspension checks I've ever done.

This surprises me. I've followed that car during several RFTH excursions. The only time it ever wanted to swap ends was in the rain, when it was "being pushed hard". I attributed that (correctly or not) to the addition of the rear sway bar. (But that's a topic for a whole 'nother discussion.)

The one time I drove it, it rode like a Conestoga wagon, but that is a whole different issue. I'm thinking the front bump stops need to be shortened. Ron Robinson has done it. It's do-able, but not fun.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 08:39:55 pm by Raydar »

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2019, 08:40:58 pm »
There is video of the Aerodon Fiero making a spirited run for at least one RFTH.

I was thinking that there is either...actually, I'm saving that for the other thread.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2019, 12:39:39 pm »
If you are considering going to Carlisle, it's best to register so you can park with the other Fieros, else you may have a long walk.  The Carlisle Fairgrounds is huge. 

The registration fee is $41, but even if you're registered, I've heard they still charge a gate charge.  You don't have to show your car to park with the others.  It's just a convenience. 

Best entry is at Gate 3 and the Fieros will be right there. 

https://sites.google.com/site/midatlanticfieroownersassoc/fierosatcarlisle25