Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Carlisle 25th Anniversary  (Read 17630 times)

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Re: Carlisle 25th Anniversary
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2019, 08:30:22 pm »
[I wish that I could have, as well. (Tammy even said, "Go ahead and go!") But there is just too much going on, here, for me to drop everything and go. But I really want to make this, at some point.

Not too early to plan for next year.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2019, 08:39:36 am »
The Carlisle was probably a once in a lifetime event for me.  Other commitments have kept me from attending in the past and now personal issues may limit future participation, but I will always remember this event.  An amazing turnout.  There wasn't a lot of room left for more Fieros. 

I've been around Pennocks since 2002 and even though I 'know' many of of the people, it was great to meet some of them face to face.  Strangely,  I had never developed an image of what anyone might look like. 

Got to meet Steve308 and also Peter (forgot the username).  They helped to get the decal installed on the back window  On the way back home I spotted a lady passenger in an Audi snapping a picture of the decal and somewhere down in lower Virginia, I was introduced to a Corvette driver's stinky finger as he pulled up beside me.  Missed Spadesluck but now would recognize him due to his awards and raffle winnings.  Over 1700 miles one way in a Fiero to make the show.  Missed David Hambleton and Dennis LaGrua, too.  Met the Toronto guy (maybe that was David) that gave us the currency exchange rate lesson and several others whom I can't remember.  Reacquainted with Chuck 'N Linda from Michigan.  There were several others who came by to introduce themselves, but my mind was so boggled I don't remember the names, only their faces. 

Had a long sit down chat with Keith and got to share some cheese with George. 

Last, but most important, FieroChick88, Jennifer Goss.  What a lady.  I know she had help in putting this thing together, but she has to have superhuman organizational skills.  Thank you, Jenn and MAFOA for making this event one that I and likely everyone there will long be remembered. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2019, 09:39:26 am »
The weather for the event was absolutely perfect.  The forecast was for 80 degrees.  But it was very comfortable due to a good strong breeze blowing all day.  Only a few times did the wind stop.  It wasn't strong enough to cause any problems, but just enough to make it very comfortable while sitting in the sun. 

Some Pictures

« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 10:04:33 am by Fierofool »

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2019, 09:43:37 am »
And More.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2019, 09:47:56 am »
And Then Some More.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2019, 09:53:06 am »
And Finally.

NoMad

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2019, 01:49:59 pm »
Looks great. Thank you for sharing the pictures.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2019, 06:26:03 pm »

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2019, 06:27:26 pm »

I see Fierofoolxs Fiero, and maybe someone stepped in dog poop.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2019, 06:28:17 pm »
Thanks for sharing.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2019, 06:48:10 pm »
Does look like he's going through the motions of the aftermath, doesn't it.

I forgot to say that my plan was to drive through that line of Corvettes that was staged way up in that picture to see what kind of reaction they would have to the decal.  When I entered the gate to the left of them, I was diverted down to the street I'm on.  So I developed an alternate plan during the day.  That was that when I left, I would go to the right then up and drive down through the midst of them. 

Wasn't intended to happen.  They had put up a sign at the ends of their street indicating it was for Pedestrian Traffic Only.  But as I was going back to the hotel, I managed to get one car ahead of one but didn't notice any adverse reaction from him. 

I actually had someone come to me and ask if it was ok for them to make one for their car.  There should also be an upcoming interview in Fiero Pride, for those of you who receive it. 

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2019, 07:12:34 pm »
You represented the club well, as usual.

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2019, 09:50:08 am »
Thanks for sharing your pics, and your impressions. Looks like it was a huge amount of fun.

Do you know who owns the white-over-yellow IMSA-bodied car?
I know someone who owns one, but I thought it was in the middle of a 3800 swap. (Of course, there could easily be several of them, painted that way.)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2019, 10:22:45 am »
I thought I had a picture showing the engine, but I believe it had a 3800SC in it.  I remember walking around it and noting that the snorkel intake wasn't functional with the engine that was in it.  Is the one you know of from Pennsylvania? 

PK

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2019, 10:55:44 am »
It's not me. :0)

Thanks for sharing pics FF.  Really glad you got to go and hope that you do get a chance to return as you obviously enjoyed it.

Cheers
The real PK