Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: RUN FOR THE HILLS #24  (Read 58678 times)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
RUN FOR THE HILLS #24
« on: April 28, 2019, 10:30:58 pm »
Here it is. 

Run For The Hills # 24 shirts will be offered in preshrunk 100% cotton, Adult sizes Small through 3 XLarge. This year we will also offer them in a choice of white or light gray. They will not have pockets.

All shirts will be hand delivered at the event or at a club meeting. We accept Credit Cards, Checks, Postal Money Orders and PayPal. If you don't have a PayPal account, you may pay as a PayPal guest.

To pay by Check or Postal Money Order, send your payment with shirt size, color, and size of each color when ordering multiples, with your name and address, email and a preferred contact phone number payable to:

Georgia Fieros, Inc.
287 Park Place
Auburn, Ga. 30011-3035

To order your shirts online, go to the left side of your screen and click Club Merchandise.

HOTEL INFORMATION

QUALITY INN BILTMORE  A 100% non-smoking facility
1430 Tunnel Road  Exit 55, I-40 East, Porter Cove Road
Asheville, NC 28805
828-298-5519  Option 0.  Do not use their reservation line Option 1.

The hotel is easy access off I-40 east of Asheville and within 1 mile of the Black Mountain, US Hwy 70 exit off the Blue Ridge Parkway. Should we overbook, there is a Super 8, Comfort Inn, and Holiday Inn within walking distance.

TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE DISCOUNT, TELL THEM YOU ARE WITH THE GEORGIA FIERO CLUB.
If there are problems, ask for Luis Camacho who is the manager. 

Currently, 15 rooms have been blocked.  More may be added if all rooms are rented early.  Rooms are 2 double beds but Queen and King size beds may be available by arrangement at the time of your reservation.  A credit card will be required to make your reservation. 

Rooms will be available for September 20 and 21.  PRICE PER ROOM IS $114 PER NIGHT PLUS 18% TAXES AND FEES
Reservations may be made through Sept. 14 but the rate will be honored beyond that if rooms are available.  Each guest is responsible for their own room and related expenses.  You may cancel your reservation up until 4 PM on the day of your reservation without penalty.  After 4 PM you will be charged the full rate. 

« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 02:59:55 pm by Fierofool »
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Re: RUN FOR THE HILLS #24
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 10:34:19 pm »
I was just wondering about the shirt design.  My question, now, though, is this.   How about the food?

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2019, 11:10:14 pm »
Planning for steakhouse at lunch and seafood for dinner. 

I guess the economy is so good that restaurants and hotels are doing so well that they can't be bothered to answer their phones or respond to voice mail messages. 
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 09:41:29 pm by Fierofool »

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2019, 07:58:06 am »
You may order shirts on this page.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2019, 08:12:32 am »
This should probably be linked to the calendar.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2019, 12:42:34 pm »
Little Switzerland is a small town in North Carolina where we will be passing through.  I traveled from Como Italy to Lucerne Switzerland, but never got on any curves like that.  I don't think the Orient Express could have navigated those turns, even though on rails.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2019, 02:33:56 am »
Have spent a lot of time hooning around the Alps and "little Switzerland" seems like a very accurate description.

Moved from another thread.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 02:58:58 pm by GTRS Fiero »

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2019, 03:04:11 pm »
Have the clubs down in Florida been invited?  I know postings were made on PFF, but has anyone checked with JohnWPB or any of the people down there?

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2019, 10:08:04 pm »
I haven't. 

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2019, 10:12:04 pm »
It may be a good idea to invite them.  I'm not sure they have anything like RFTH down there.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2019, 01:06:39 pm »
There seems to be clubs in Florida but none are active.  At least no one responds. 

montegut

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2019, 04:54:16 pm »
Wish I could make it but I think I'll just try to make a meeting instead. My loving wife saw the postcard from Little Switzerland and said "No way! You will drive off that thing!" Not too many hills in south Louisiana. Then she asked me if the event was sponsored by the AAA. Unfortunately I have been towed home twice in the past five months. But I think I got it all sorted out! Hope to be back to Atlanta soon.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2019, 05:02:03 pm »
That road isn't on the route.  It's only a representation.  Little Switzerland is one of the towns we will be traveling through. 

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2019, 06:10:12 pm »
I also thought that road would be on the route, and was wishing I could make it.

I remember driving through the Appalachians with no rails.  Good times, because the person in the passenger seat could see nothing, until far below.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2019, 09:06:28 am »
That road isn't on the route.  It's only a representation.  Little Switzerland is one of the towns we will be traveling through.

During the scouting run we were all over those mountains in the background. 

One of the new roads I had included turned out to be everything I expected.  Well, almost.  There were lots of First Gear curves.  Yes, so sharp that it required downshifting to First Gear to get around them.  More than a half dozen.  And then there was the fully grown black bear standing on the side of the roadway as I rounded a curve.  Probably 50 yards away.  Close enough that I could see its eyes. 

The disappointing part of that road is that it turned to gravel for about 3 miles so it's out of the final route and I'll have to drop in a substitute.  Anyway, the first half of that roadway is still in.  They say that a black bear can run up to 35 mph, so we negotiated the gravel road, not wanting to encounter the bear on one of those 10 mph curves.