Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: October 2019 Club Meeting and Cookout  (Read 35268 times)

scottb

• View Profile
Re: October 2019 Club Meeting and Cookout
« Reply #75 on: October 15, 2019, 10:10:14 am »
But there was only 1 in attendance. .... I didnt tell her the yardssle was cancelled until we were on the way

MikeMac

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 15, 2019, 01:38:48 pm »
I messed up and told my wife the yard sale had cancelled. So I wasn't surprised that she didn't make much effort to come to the picnic after having to go into work to check why the alarm had gone off. Seems like they should send a cop to check that rather than have someone else check on it that isn't allowed to carry a gun on the property. School board rules.....

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #77 on: October 15, 2019, 04:03:07 pm »
When I worked for Gwinnett County Schools, I was the first called when doors were found open at my school.  There were only 3 men in the school and I lived closest.  The police officers wouldn't go inside until I got there and I always carried a gun.  The way the classrooms were set up, you were a sitting duck in the hallways and going into the classrooms, which had no windows.  The rooms were two deep between the hall and outside and only the outside classroom had a door with a window in the door.  It may have been school policy for no guns and it was certainly State Gun Free Zone, but my principal never complained.  He even knew I kept in my car in the parking lot.  If I had ever been caught by an unknowing police officer, I would have pleaded that I forgot I had it in the car.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 15, 2019, 06:37:02 pm »
But there was only 1 in attendance. .... I didnt tell her the yardssle was cancelled until we were on the way

Well, I'm sure everyone appreciated that she came.

What did she say, when you told her that the yard sale was cancelled?

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 15, 2019, 06:42:13 pm »
I messed up and told my wife the yard sale had cancelled. So I wasn't surprised that she didn't make much effort to come to the picnic after having to go into work to check why the alarm had gone off. Seems like they should send a cop to check that rather than have someone else check on it that isn't allowed to carry a gun on the property. School board rules.....

Bored people make bad decisions?

Sometimes, while driving down the road, I see people making BBQ.  Now, who else that me could they be making it for?  So, I reward their efforts.  I've met a lot of people, that way.

I have purchased stuff at a yard sale, but most of the stuff is just someone else's junk.  Estate sales are more worthwhile.  At least you're looking through stuff they wanted to keep, rather than stuff they wanted to throw away.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #80 on: October 16, 2019, 02:18:31 pm »
If anyone copied the Paradise Pineapple Pie recipe, re-copy it.  I left out an ingredient.  I also left it out of the pies at the cookout.  Sweetened condensed milk. 

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 16, 2019, 07:15:43 pm »
That's OK.  I was waiting on fresh pineapple, anyway.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #82 on: October 16, 2019, 08:16:24 pm »
For my taste, I like Del Monte crushed pineapple over the Dole crushed pineapple.  The Dole is a little sweater. 

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 16, 2019, 08:18:16 pm »
I meant fresh from the plant.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 17, 2019, 10:41:19 am »
The notice is still on the home page.