Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Caffiene and Octane August 7  (Read 546 times)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Caffiene and Octane August 7
« on: July 10, 2022, 07:55:43 am »
A strong Georgia Fiero Group Showing is still in the works for August 7.  During discussions at the July 9 meeting, it was revealed that the event has moved from Perimeter Mall in Sandy Springs.  Some confusion as to where it has moved.  Some thought Towne Center on Barret Parkway, Kennesaw/Marietta and others thought Lanier Raceway, Braselton.  5301 Winder Hwy, Braselton, GA 30517. 

Larry The Art Doctor informs me that the sponsors have bought Lanier Raceway, located across from Road Atlanta in Braselton.  Google Maps tags it as Caffiene and Octane's Lanier Raceway.  Its Exit 129 off I-85 North.  It's 38 miles from the I-285 Spaghetti Junction. 

We need to know who will attend, so make your intentions known in this thread.  We don't want to get our spaces set up and have too many or not enough.   
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

montegut

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
Re: Caffiene and Octane August 7
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2022, 03:38:11 pm »
I went to one Caffeine and Octane at the mall and had a good time. Road Atlanta seems kind of far from Atlanta. Do you think the new location will impact overall attendance?

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2022, 08:11:45 pm »
C&C is pretty well established.  It may be a little sparse to start but probably will pick up.  The Art Doctor says the negative is that the lot is hilly.

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2022, 09:25:05 pm »

Larry The Art Doctor informs me that the sponsors have bought Lanier Raceway, located across from Road Atlanta in Braselton.  Google Maps tags it as Caffiene and Octane's Lanier Raceway.  Its Exit 129 off I-85 North.  It's 38 miles from the I-285 Spaghetti Junction. 

From the Caffeine and Octane Farcebook page...

***NEW LOCATION UPDATE:
August Caffeine and Octane is SUNDAY August 7th, 8-11AM at Town Center at Cobb. New address for August C&O is 400 Ernest W Barrett Parkway in Kennesaw, GA. It will permanently move to Town Center starting in August 2022. The largest monthly car show in North America is held the first Sunday of each month. Watch the Caffeine & Octane TV Show on MotorTrend. Follow us or visit www.caffeineandoctane.com for more information.

And on their web page calendar it says...

Caffeine and Octane - Atlanta
Sunday, August 7, 2022 at 8:00 AM
Caffeine & Octane Lanier Raceway - formerly Lanier RacePlex, 5301 Winder Hwy, Braselton, GA 30517

https://www.facebook.com/CaffeineAndOctane/

Looks like a bit of research/clarification is in order.

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2022, 09:39:38 pm »
I posted to their Facebook page, regarding the conflicting info. Asked for a clarification.
If it's at Lanier, I'm out.
If it's at Town Center, maybe...

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2022, 10:09:44 pm »
Let us know what they say, please.

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2022, 06:15:22 pm »
Let us know what they say, please. 

Looks like Town Center is the place.

From the calendar...
CAFFEINE AND OCTANE ATLANTA
Caffeine and Octane Lanier Raceway (Just for July 3rd) New location to be announced for August!

From the Farcebook page...
We had an awesome time at Caffeine and Octane's Lanier Raceway yesterday for July C&O but we are beyond excited for a space to fit every kind of car enthusiast! All makes and models are invited to join us at next month’s Caffeine and Octane Sunday, August 7th at Town Center at Cobb in Kennesaw for the first time. Special Display Area application registration to come later this week.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2022, 06:58:10 pm »
Thank you.

Now, how many are going to show?  I'm not driving over there in my truck to save places if no one is attending.

Slyp

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2022, 03:05:50 pm »
I dont know where at Town Center they are going to do the show.  But the Center is sort of dying and parking shouldnt be a problem.  And its easy to get to, its just off I75 exit.

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2022, 09:20:11 pm »
I can go.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2022, 09:33:21 am »
Ideally, it would be good to have at least 5 to make a presentable showing.  We don't have the banner anymore, so we can't display our colors.  I don't know if my car will be ready, or not. 

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2022, 11:34:04 am »
I probably won't be going. As some of you may know, my grandson has moved in with me. He has a job, and has been using my SUV to go to work, so I have been using my Fieros.
So I was going to my credit union yesterday in my white Fiero When it began making an unusual noise.So I pulled into the nearest parking lot and found  that it had thrown the belt, which was still rubbing on the crank pulley and making the noise.
So I called AAA, but the tow company they contacted couldn't do the job, because they didn't have a flat bed. So they said they would find another one.
Meanwhile, my grandson got off work, found me, and took me to an Auto Zone store, where I got another belt (the old one was damaged). When I tried to put it on the car, I found that the alternator was loose. I was only able to reach one of the bolts to tighten it without taking thiings apart (low mount alternator on a 3800), but that was enough to get me home. So now I need to work on my car and find out why the alternator was loose and fix it.
And (would you believe it) AAA called me at 10 PM and said that the tow truck they called couldn't find my car. I had called them at 3 PM. They were completely useless in this situation.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 11:37:27 am by TopNotch »

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2022, 05:31:40 pm »
I had previous problems with the 86 alternator pivot bolt working its way out.  Once it came out of the threaded end, the alternator would twist sideways.
 That was back before the original engine blew.  I finally realized that the sleeved insert was missing and replaced the bracket.  That solved my problem.  Does your bracket still have the metal inserts where applicable? 

As for Caffeine and Octane, I don't think anyone else is going.  Those I've talked with generally feel it's too early and too far to drive.  My cars aren't up and running. 

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2022, 10:32:54 pm »
I found out why my alternator was loose. My Fero Rog mount broke, where a piece that bolts to the alternator was welded to the piece that is bolted to the engine. I took it out and let my grandson practice his welding on it. After all, if he messes it up, I can buy another one from Fiero Rog. Apparently the top alternator bolt had come loose, allowing the tensioned belt to flex the mount, causing the break.