Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Some Possible 2024 Club Events  (Read 93 times)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Some Possible 2024 Club Events
« on: February 06, 2024, 02:53:18 pm »
There are several events where the club can get some local public exposure. 

Larry suggested the Easter Parade on Easter Day.  It's somewhere in the Clarkston, Scottdale, or Avondale Estates area as I recall.

I have found that Sandy Springs will be holding their 2nd Annual St. Patrick's Day Parade on Saturday March 23, the week after the actual St. Patrick's Day.  Maybe to avoid conflict with the Atlanta parade.
https://northsidestpatricks.com/announcing-the-2nd-annual-northside-saint-patricks-parade-festival/

Dublin, Georgia will have a parade on March 16.  We participated in this parade for several years before our application was not responded to.  If there's enough interest we can try again.

If you're interested in any of these, speak up quickly so we can make application deadlines. 
« Last Edit: February 26, 2024, 06:17:45 pm by Fierofool »
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

The Art Doctor

• View Profile
Re: Some Possible 2024 Club Events
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2024, 10:48:55 pm »
Easter Parade is in Avondale Estates.  If you have not been it is a great little area of vintage architecture.  They have a historic board so no ugly McMansions just nicely restored pre and immediate post war housing.   Meet up location is behind city hall/police department in a free city parking lot address is 21 S Avondale Plaza, Avondale Estates, GA 30002. The address can also be put in as 21 N Avondale Plaza as its on the line and one side of the lot is N and the other S.  Meet up is early afternoon, I believe rollout is 2PM but may be 3PM, I will have to get the correct time details.  It is a slow drive and takes around an hour through the neighborhood, police led.  You are welcome/expected, but not required, to bring candy to throw to the kids along the route.  I  generally buy three big bags of Halloween sized candy and have a blast throwing it out both sides of the car.  There is a pre-parade get together usually meeting in the lot up to an hour before to chat and kick tires and at the end of the parade, which is at a local park in the neighborhood, for refreshments sponsored by the host Cadillac Club.  Many of the V8 guys will go to dinner locally afterwords.  I will certainly be there and if only one or all of you wish to come it would be great to have you participate.  No fee and no registration required, just show up and have a good time.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2024, 05:41:53 pm »
We received a reply to my inquiry to Sandy Springs about their St. Patrick's Day Parade.  They will not be holding a parade this year, but will only be doing a festival.  Is anyone interested in the Dublin, Ga. parade?  Dublin is about 15 miles east of Macon, on the way to Savannah. 

I also checked with Statham, Ga. and they will not be holding a parade this year.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2024, 06:18:26 pm by Fierofool »

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2024, 05:39:13 pm »
We have received an invitation to participate in the Dunwoody Pines Retirement Community
 Father's Day Classic Car Show and Cookout, located in Dunwoody, GA. scheduled for Saturday, June 15, 2024, from 12 Noon to 2 pm.

Like ourselves, older people tend to appreciate good American automobiles when cars were cars. 

Any interest in attending this one? 

I have been in correspondence with the Life Enrichment Director and she says she has sent out invitations to other car clubs in the area.  They have room for 30-40 cars, so it might be good if we can commit a few cars early on.  If we don't want our cars touched, they can rope them off if we want.  The show is strictly for the residents of the independent living center.  She said she was talking with the residents about the show and one resident in particular just lit up talking about one of his classics that he had owned. 

There will be a free cookout for the residents and participants after the show.

There was no mention of any entry fee, but maybe it's something the club can cover if everyone agrees. 

Come on, folks.  Let's do this one! 
« Last Edit: February 10, 2024, 07:31:55 pm by Fierofool »

The Art Doctor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2024, 07:51:43 am »
Official start time for Easter Parade is a 2PM roll out. However, most folks start gathering as early as 1PM to kick tires and look over the cars.  Meet up location is behind city hall/police department in a free city parking lot address is 21 S Avondale Plaza, Avondale Estates, GA 30002.  I will be there with my son at a minimum in the '47, and Michelle has threatened to pilot the black Formula with the girl child.  We tend to run late to most things so expect me there around 1:30-1:45.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2024, 08:00:40 am »
I plan to be there with you.

The Art Doctor

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2024, 08:23:12 pm »
Just picked up 220 pieces of candy and am warming up my throwing arm.  Michelle is indeed going to drive the Formula.  My V8 friend Jerry will be bringing his Ford woodie.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2024, 09:49:29 pm »
I plan to get a big bag or two of candy and I hope my granddaughter will come with me to do the throwing.