Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: 2021 26th Annual Run For The Hills ⛰🏔🚗🏎  (Read 21701 times)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: 2021 Run For The Hills ⛰🏔🚗🏎
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2021, 12:15:56 pm »
Might be best to bring the Mustang.  Spartanzz said he will probably drive his.  If you have a sport bike, you wouldn't enjoy it.  We'd be holding you back. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2021, 06:31:13 pm »
Except in the straights, it seems that the bikes always hold me back.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2021, 11:00:18 pm »
I received an email from Jennifer (FieroChic88) thanking us for the good presentation we made at the Fieros at Carlisle GM Nationals.  They are promoting RFTH 26 in their newsletter and some of their group are already planning to join us this year. 

Though we only provided an EGR Adapter Kit for their raffle, she thanked us for our support.  88GTtop won the kit and it was very fitting.  He also won a complete Camaro lower, middle, and upper intake system with the larger throttle body to complete his 7730 swap. 

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2021, 11:04:22 pm »
How lucky!

crash_out

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2021, 09:52:08 pm »
Might be best to bring the Mustang.  Spartanzz said he will probably drive his.  If you have a sport bike, you wouldn't enjoy it.  We'd be holding you back.

I'm not an overly aggressive rider, but I like to play in the twisties sometimes. I'm used to riding in a group as well, so I'm used to keeping pace with others.  I would still probably take the Mustang though, unless I get the Fiero road worthy. I'm more concerned about getting it together quick enough to give it some shakedown runs locally just to make sure it's going to be safe for an 800 mile round trip.

I really enjoyed the run in my Focus last year, but parts availability has been a bugger trying to get it reassembled after the deer used it to commit suicide.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2021, 10:05:40 pm »
He also won a complete Camaro lower, middle, and upper intake system with the larger throttle body to complete his 7730 swap.

Were these all won as a package?

The (3.4) Camaro lower intake flows better, fur sure, but requires a lot of work to deal with the idle air tube.  The (3.4) Camaro upper intake points the wrong way, seems like.  I haven't tried, but seem to recall that it couldn't be flipped around, without mods.

The (2.8 ) Camaro intake parts are not better, with the possible exception of the 2.8 HO.  I know of only 2 Camaros that had the HO 2.8, which GM claims was never offered in the Camaro.  I had one.  The other one I saw, the owner claimed his was the only one.  The intake is different, but would likely fit the Fiero.

The larger throttle body does not help, unless the Dawg mod has been made to the upper intake, and the exhaust has been ported.  Even then, the larger throttle body difference is minimal.

He would have been better off with a wiring harness and a set of ported manifolds.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 07:59:29 am by GTRS Fiero »

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2021, 07:56:31 am »
The intake setup was complete.  It had already been installed on a 3.4, so any mods needed had already been done.  The throttle body was pointing in the right direction for a Fiero.  HUGE throttle body.  Someone was talking with him and pointing out something about the underside of the upper intake.  Supposedly it was a Camaro upper, but it just didn't look like it, to me. 

All the other stuff he won was separate.  They have a unique way.  You buy raffle tickets.  The prizes are laid out on a table with a small jar on top of each.  You place a ticket in the jar for the item you're interested in, so if you win, it's only the items you want. 

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2021, 06:29:30 pm »
Sounds like a good method.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: 2021 26th Annual Run For The Hills ⛰🏔🚗🏎
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2021, 08:56:29 am »
If you are planning to attend the event, you should make your Clayton Ga. Days Inn reservation now.  We have word that the Valkyrie Motorcycle Group will be staying at the same hotel.  Looks like some of them may have used our group to secure lower rates.  I'm making mine today. 

Wreck It Ralph

• Wreck it Ralph
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2021, 02:27:03 pm »
I’m all booked.
1988 Fiero Base 4cyl 5spd.
1986 Fiero GT ... Parting out. Let me know if you need something.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2021, 06:33:06 pm »
Um, on the RFTH thread?

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2021, 03:19:21 pm »
I had thought that the Days Inn rate was $69.95, $4 more than it shows in the post.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2021, 03:24:37 pm »
Oh.  What bed(s) does that get you, at Days Inn?

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2021, 03:30:11 pm »
Departure time?

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2021, 05:56:42 pm »
To answer some questions.  The Valkyrie Group has 9 rooms left, so they must have their own booking.

Departure time on Saturday morning is 9AM.  Driver's meeting at 8.

Beds are double queen or King if available. 

No choice of what floor or which side or front or rear of the building you're on, unless you require a handicap accessible room.