Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: who has a machine shop?  (Read 14885 times)

cogcaviz24

• View Profile
    • Facebook
who has a machine shop?
« on: March 09, 2012, 03:44:59 pm »
HI! yup, I'm still around, I've been lurking 8) on here and pennocks. Always busy with family life, and started a new job (well about 6months ago) at SKF in flowery branch.

ANYWHO!! I have gathered up some parts for my fiero thanks to a bonus check. My shopping list:

- Poly Mounts for the engine and tranny
(I should have replaced them when installing the engine I got from Ashby)
-End Link kit

GA/Baretta Brake upgrade parts
-Master Cylinder
-Rotors
-Calipers
-pads
-Front Brake hoses('cause I know mine are swollen)

From Pull-a-Part
-Front swar bar from the 84 fiero
-Front Rotor/Hub assemblies
- other little trinkets from the fiero
- GM EGR valve beauty cover (finally!)
- did not find a egr tube AGAIN!!!

and recently I noticed an exhaust leak which led to the discovery of a manifold bolt missing a head :( . good times ahead

So I need help parting off the rotor/hubs. I thought I could do it,but after comparing the rotors to the new ones, I notice more material needs to be removed from the hub section to get them to fit. Whoodeenie's came to mind and may still my best shot, but is a bit out of the way and I wanted to see if anyone else has access to the equipment needed. I've called a couple local places, but got the predicted answer that they can't do it for liability reasons, it's considered modifying a brake system.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: who has a machine shop?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 04:33:59 pm »
There are 3 shops here near me.  Two are automotive machine shops and do speed work and other automotive work.  The other is a regular job shop.  The regular job shop would be the cheaper of the 3.  Just tell them that it's for an SCCA race car, so that removes their worry about safety regulations.   
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers