Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: The Joel Project  (Read 33081 times)

Tha Driver

• View Profile
    • Angel On Earth
Re: The Joel Project
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2013, 02:47:09 am »
I can donate a notchie decklid. I'll just have to use a busted one to go back on the car to keep it dry.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2013, 07:21:42 am »
Paul, what color is it and does it have holes for a spoiler?  We could swap out the fastback lid on the car at your place or we could take the lid off the one down here.  If yours has a lock with key would be good since this one doesn't have a remote. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Tha Driver

• View Profile
    • Angel On Earth
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2013, 06:52:20 pm »
You can have the white one from the T-Top Formula (it has the spoiler holes). If you want to give me the fastback decklid, that would be great - you can also have the lock set (decklid & door locks) with key.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2013, 06:44:53 pm »
I promised pictures of the 86SE that Robbie and Gail Finley contributed.  I finally had some time today to take a few.  Here's what we have to work with.  Whatever parts remaining on the original Joel Project can be transferred to this car. 
Set 1 of 2

Left Front

Front

Right Front

Front Fascia

Right Rear Aero Trim

Right Rear Corner

Passenger Seat & Rear Console

Radio Surround & Auxiliary Gauges

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2013, 07:06:46 pm »
Set 2 of 2

Driver's Side Door Panel and Armrest

Steering Wheel & Instrument Panel

Driver's Seat

Driver's Mirror with Missing Stud & Door with Base Material Exposed

Broken Power Passenger Mirror

Driver's Seat View thru Sunroof

In addition, the driver's side rocker panel is missing.  The GT wheels belong to Ray and didn't come on the car. 

Anyone with a 84-87 Notchback Aero Fascia, and a left aero rocker panel, we'd love to have them.  The car has an engine, but it's condition is unknown.  The plan is to swap out the engine from the original car.  The odometer on this one only shows 9,669.  It's doubtful that is correct.  If anyone can provide a CarFax, I can get the VIN for you. 

Headliner needs replaced, but I believe the one in the other car has already been re-covered and can be swapped out.  The passenger B pillar speaker cover has been broken off.  I have a replacement.  I also have a driver's side door panel and arm rest, but a steering wheel, dash, instrument pod cover and auxilliary gauge coveer are needed along with most of the soft vinyl parts on the inside. 

Robs Fieros

• President of the East Tennessee Fiero Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2013, 11:56:20 am »
It was donated.
President of East Tennessee Fiero Club

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2013, 02:09:28 pm »
It was donated.

We're not complaining.  We appreciate the donation.  Only Pat, Roger and I have seen the car.  This is an effort to let other club members know what we're working with and what we need to put the car on the road before we give it to someone. 

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2013, 03:16:13 pm »
The fuel pump runs and the odor coming from the tank filler doesn't smell like old foul gasoline.  Ray and I got it to fire off and run as long as I sprayed carb cleaner into the intake.  It didn't sound bad, but with the muffler missing, it was difficult to really hear the internals of the engine.  BUT, it does start and run. 

Robs Fieros

• President of the East Tennessee Fiero Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2013, 02:42:47 pm »
I'm glad you got it running.
President of East Tennessee Fiero Club

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2014, 09:45:57 am »
This week I was notified of an 87 GT that was on a foreclosed property in Villa Rica.  The cleanup company was planning to send it to the crusher.  I made arrangements to get the car on behalf of the club and Ron came in from Huntsville to help.  We found it had been wrecked badly in the rear and the front wheels were turned in different directions.  It couldn't be towed with Roger's tow dolly.

We went to see the car and though it was in a side shelter of a barn, it was in horrible condition.  It's probably been there for over 20 years.  It was difficult to tell that it was a white car or that it had a sunroof.  Someone had already been into the car and taken some of the gauges and trim.  All body panels forward of the left rear corner were not damaged. 

Thanks to Mr. Herb Franklin of Franklin Builders, we were allowed to remove some of the items from the car that we think we can use on the Joel Project.  While removing the washer and overflow tanks, we were surprised to find that the car was still filled with antifreeze. 

We collected the VIN and other information for the 87 Fiero Registry so a Death Certificate can be issued.   :'(

pgackerman

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2014, 04:32:10 pm »
Howdy,

My '87 GT has been totaled.  The engine compartment is fine.  See here for pictures: https://plus.google.com/photos/101244603559962497427/albums/5971781930177826577

I'd like to donate parts/engine to the Joel Project, but I'm already taking a financial hit with the car/insurance. 

Is donating the remains to the Georgia Fiero Club tax deductible if I buy the car back from State Farm?
Or, will the Club reimburse me for buying the car back?
Will someone come and get it?  I don't have anywhere to store a wreck.

My goal is to do what I can to help-out, but not if it doesn't make financial sense.
Red '88 GT 5-Speed, 7730ECM, 1.6 Rockers, and KEYLESS Entry! 
Now with a trailer hitch for my bike rack.
Southland Jubilee 2019 Best in Class

GrannyLinda

• I'm On The Right Track Baby, I WAS BORN THIS WAY !
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2014, 09:18:05 pm »
I Asked My Daughter-in-law, Shannon, She Does Taxes.
She Said, Yes If You Donate It To The Club You Can Deduct It Off Your Taxes Next Year.
I Will Have To Fill Out A Form For You Because We Are A, 501C3 Non-Profit.     
I'm On The Right Track Baby !!!!
I WAS BORN THIS WAY !!!!

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2014, 09:37:23 pm »
Had we been able to retrieve the 87 GT in Villa Rica, we had a place to keep it.  It may be that we could keep this one in the same place.  They also have a trailer to haul it on.  The question is How do we get it onto the trailer.  If the impound yard has a track hoe, bars could be run through the windows and lift it onto the trailer.  Getting it off would be pretty simple.  Tie it to something and drive out from under it. 

Fiero GTB

• I don't drive much, but when I do I drive my Fiero
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2014, 08:25:40 am »
Getting it off would be pretty simple.  Tie it to something and drive out from under it.

Try the Russian method:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fJFiTUMWww
Every time my GPS says, "Your ETA is...,"
   I hear, "Your Time to Beat is..."

MetalBlue85GT

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2014, 10:58:03 pm »
I will make a list of the little bit of Extras I have to donate to the project to see if there is any thing of worth, and if there is a time were you will be working on it over the weekend I am willing to put some sweat into it.

I am in Acworth but I can travel.  I like working on cars especially things I have never done with someone who has.

Email plans or call and I will try to support.

Randilio@hotmail.com
4048632100 - cel
Randy ~ of Acworth