Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Saturday Follies  (Read 13840 times)

MikeMac

• View Profile
Saturday Follies
« on: September 16, 2019, 07:17:39 pm »
First off I would like to apologize to each and every member of the club for my apparent inattention to club matters at times. I can assure you it wasn't or isn't intentional.

I've only realized in the last few weeks that I was somewhat depressed  for several months after the sale of Northlake Automotive in April 2019. I put my heart and soul into it for 5 years and still failed. I thought if I was honest in business that success was all but guaranteed. I found that mindset to be wrong. Even though I broke even with the sale to Mavis Tire I still lost out on income that I could have gotten at "REAL" job. I also found it is much easier to open a business than to close one down. There really aren't guides on what all has to be done to close down a Corporation legally with no ramifications.

Okay, on to Saturday... The renters at my house in Ball Ground Ga moved out at the end of September leaving quite a bit of damage. I've been working up there most days since they moved out. I was to meet the septic tank pumper guy at 9am on Saturday. At 9:30 he called to say he had mechanical trouble with the pump truck but was still coming. This went back and forth until 12:30 when I realized it just wasn't going to happen that day. Mid morning I had put my cell phone in the shade on a porch rail but when the sun moved during the morning it baked the phone until it shut down due to overheating. I obviously couldn't call or text anyone in the club to let them know what was going on. The phone still isn't right but it is 3 years old!

Having said that I can promise better attention to the club for the remainder of this year and hopefully next year if club members will allow me to make up for my shortcomings. 

I can't make the RFTH this year with no running car and my daughter in Chicago rescheduling her trip to this weekend due to Hurricane Dorian a few weeks back. LOL

I'm not going to proofread this, I'm just going to post it. I apologize for any errors

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Re: Saturday Follies
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 07:27:02 pm »
There are 2 ways to make lots of money: opening a business, and closing a business.  Should you ever have to do it again, it may be a good idea to seek advise from your local economic development center.  Here, we have people who will help you through the process, and put you in contact with the right people.  Our EDC has an excellent small business development person who helps with the financial end.  The CPA and lawyer aren't free, but the rest of the services are.  We also have SCORE.  I do not recall the expansion of this acronym, but the staff are all retired business executives.  They have business acumen.  Their setvices are usually $100, at most.  The counseling is usually free.  These entities have everything you should need.

You may still want to seek their advice.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 07:34:36 pm »
Oh.  I recently had to get a phone.  The options are...disappointing.  My choice was an Active phone, which instantly went out of stock.

scottb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2019, 08:20:28 pm »
Sounds like it was a ^%!)ty Saturday.......