Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: 85 GT jitters  (Read 14817 times)

MetalBlue85GT

• View Profile
85 GT jitters
« on: July 15, 2014, 09:35:38 pm »
So I have this jitter in the car when I am at constant speed it is like the car is missing. I have changed: distributor, cap rotor, the ECM 2x so I have 3 good ones. the spark plugs, wires and coil. It is the last mechanical thing I need to fix on this car so I can claim victory and start looking for my own.

Since the above I went back to the old Coil and spark plug wires. a slight change but is it still doing it. I am going to probably swap all the spark plugs out.

Any other Ideas?
Randy ~ of Acworth

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: 85 GT jitters
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 09:46:09 pm »
I don't know if we talked about it, but when the timing was set, was it in Drive?  I didn't know you were supposed to set the timing on an automatic with it in Drive.  If it wasn't, it might be that it's a little too far advanced, even though your light would indicate correct timing with it in Neutral. 

I could also drop off my infrared laser thermometer when I'm out there Saturday.  You could check your exhaust ports to see if they're all running near the same temp.  It could be a sticky injector. 

Another Fiero?  Tinman says he's selling his beautiful 85GT 4-speed.  See it in the Boy Scout thread.  It has it's own image sitting on top. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

MetalBlue85GT

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 08:47:41 pm »
Well between buying the 2nd donated car and the Red one I am wanting one of my own to start on.  I need a hobby to fill my time in the winter.

I am soo close on my sons first car from being done I am ready to start looking for my own.
Randy ~ of Acworth

Roger

• Paid Members
  • If it’s the thought that counts, think money.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 05:52:08 am »
Check this out.
It is also better to set the timing when the engine is at operating temperature.

http://gafiero.org/timing.shtml

You can't fix stupid but, you can adjust it with a 2x4.