Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Club's Formula Fastback  (Read 62028 times)

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Re: Club's Formula Fastback
« Reply #210 on: March 24, 2018, 11:05:12 pm »
Should keep the notchback tail lights when converting.

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 25, 2018, 08:52:52 am »
Paul Angel was working on something that would allow just that. He had blended a set of notch tail lights into a fastback clip.
Not sure how "complete" it was.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 25, 2018, 08:55:01 am »
Like the PPG fastbacks?

Tha Driver

• View Profile
    • Angel On Earth
« Reply #213 on: March 25, 2018, 09:36:32 am »
Like the PPG fastbacks?
Very similar. You have to use the taillight section of the notchback clip with the fastback clip. I have molds for the filler panels needed to fill in the area between the taillights & the fastback clip & decklid. It took well over a hundred hours to make the filler panels on the prototype, so that's why I pulled molds from it to make the job much easier & quicker.
I haven't put them on my website yet or even determined a price for the three pieces.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 04, 2018, 08:07:17 am »

In looking at the picture above, it looks as if the EGR is blocked off.  Why leave the valve at all, if blocking it off?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 09:17:06 pm by GTRS Fiero »

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #215 on: April 04, 2018, 08:25:55 am »
He left the solenoid, too, along with is's vacuum and electric connected.  Probably to avoid the constant SES light.  Also, remember that this mod was done in the early years, maybe before people became adept at reprogramming the ECM's to change values in programming.  The solenoid also plays a part in something else.  I remember Raydar posting something about that function. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 04, 2018, 10:09:27 am »
The solenoid switches vacuum to the EGR valve, and it also monitors that vacuum, and tells the ECM when it should be there, and isn't. (Code 32)
The only other thing that I can think of that it does, is blow the fuse for one bank of injectors, if it shorts out. :D

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 04, 2018, 07:19:21 pm »
Interesting routing of the vacuum line going to the EGR, also.  The line seems to be tight against the distributor.

Dang.  Hard to believe that page 11 was on 3/10, and we have so many pages since then.

Sarge

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 07, 2018, 08:36:07 pm »
If anyone is up to it we would like to meet on Sat and do a few other little things that are low cost
Remove side scoop
Change oil and filter
Change fuel filter
Change end links and bushings

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 08, 2018, 09:36:47 am »
If anyone is up to it we would like to meet on Sat and do a few other little things that are low cost
Remove side scoop
Change oil and filter
Change fuel filter
Change end links and bushings

Charlie mentioned going in the afternoon, after the meeting. If so, I'm planning to be there.

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 08, 2018, 10:11:21 am »
I'll Pull 1st. Shift then, and maybe leave ya something. I was going with the meeting was yesterday and had my W.E. messed up.Charlie pointed out Easter was the 1st and Sunday. so this was not 2nd WE.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 14, 2018, 07:01:25 pm »
Progress?

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 14, 2018, 07:12:42 pm »
Charlie, Mike... I found the endlink bolt in my shop. It'll go in the mail to Mike, in the next day or so. It'll be in a book-sized white bubble wrap envelope, if you want to keep an eye out for it. It's wrapped in cardboard so it doesn't punch through the plastic. Should be lots of fun to open. :D

The nut that was on the bolt felt like it was binding. But that may be by design. I also found another nut, and stuck it on there, too. Your choice... 

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 14, 2018, 07:20:05 pm »
Progress?

The oil, and filter, and the fuel filter have all been changed. (They had that done before I got there.)
NAPA didn't have the sway bar endlinks that their computer said they had. Fortunately, I found one in my shop when I got home. Going to drop it in the mail to Mike.
The car sounds good. Has that same thump/rumble in the exhaust that I remember. Still having clutch hydraulic issues.
Getting closer...

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 14, 2018, 07:25:44 pm »
I know nothing about clutches, but this particular one has been iffymatic (combination of iffy and problematic) for some time now.  IIRC, there was mention of bleeding the clutch.  I don't recall what came of that.  Since this Fiero is "rust-free", there shouldn't be rust in the cables, but I don't know if that's been tested or not.  Then there's the question of what happens when things fail.  My understanding is that something with the slave cylinder is a common failure.