Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Fit Fieros??? 2006 Subaru Impreza Wheels With Tires Set of 4 - $250 (Aiken)  (Read 14725 times)

pgackerman

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
Not miine:
<snip>... selling a set of 4 wheels and tires that came off of a 2006 Subaru Impreza. The wheels are in decent shape but do have some cosmetic defects, pry marks around center caps, scrapes, a little curbing, etc. Wheels are 5x100 lug pattern and are 16x6.5 in size. The tire are about ready to be replaced but do still work well, even in the rain. Tread is right at the wear bars. Tire size is 205/55R16. The center caps are included but have lost their paint as they tend to do. Price is $250 OBO.

These should fit most Subarus, some Toyotas, some Volkswagens and possibly others. Please check fitment before contacting.

Text or email is preferred.

https://augusta.craigslist.org/wto/d/2006-subaru-impreza-wheels/6684846872.html
Red '88 GT 5-Speed, 7730ECM, 1.6 Rockers, and KEYLESS Entry! 
Now with a trailer hitch for my bike rack.
Southland Jubilee 2019 Best in Class

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
According to the ad, the lug pattern is the same as the Fiero.  There are two other areas that may prohibit mounting on a Fiero. 

1.  The offset looks to be too shallow.  It may cause the inside of the tire to contact suspension parts or the rim to contact calipers.
2.  The center bore may be too small and would need to be bored out to fit the Fiero hub flange.  If it's larger, that can be solved by the use of wheel centering rings. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
The Subie wheels use a 56.1 centerbore. It will have to be enlarged by 1 mm.
The offset on most Impreza wheels is ~45-48 mm. Perfect for the front of an 88. Will probably tuck under a bit much in the rear. But I believe they will bolt on with no issues. Subaru BRZ wheels are similar, and have been successfully used on Fieros (once the centerbore issue was resolved.)

GTXVette

• View Profile
The Race Car has subie wheels on it. I would elated for a 100.00 dollar offer. I think their Ugly.

f85gtron

• View Profile
I like the design, but you may want to hold out for 17’s. The tires are much easier to get at a decent price. I don’t know how 17’s fit on an 88, but they fit perfectly on my 85. I got pre 2005 GTI wheels and if you stick with vw, the center bore is perfect size.
85 GT manual NOW powered by 7730
3.4 bored to 3.5, cammed out and DIS'd
F23 connecting power to ground
My wife won't ride in it. It's "the other woman" ;)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
On the Impreza, the wheel offset is noted as "High".  Subaru lists High as being between 30 and 55 mm, meaning that the hub contact surface is set more to the street side of the centerline of the wheel.  Commonly known as Front Wheel Drive wheels, even though the vehicle may be a Rear Wheel Drive vehicle.  That would be similar to the front wheels of the 88 Formula and GT or the Tech wheels of the Grand Am that appear similar to the Fiero 14 inch aluminum wheels. 

The 14, 15, 16 and 17 inch wheels are 55mm offset and the 18 inch wheels are 48 mm offset for the 2996u model year. 

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
2996?  You mean 2006?  I played a game of monopoly, but it didn't take that long.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
 :D