Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Throttle cable slack  (Read 16144 times)

oldbikeracer

Throttle cable slack
« on: March 24, 2013, 11:32:01 am »
My throttle cable has about 1/2 slack in it, is there a way to adjust it. Cable does not seem stretched and works freely when disconnected from throttle body. Is there a source for cable end that connects to the throttle body? I just do to want to dig to the pedal end of the cable. With slack removed throttle body does open fully with slack about 75%. Ideal situation would be shortening at the throttle body if I can locate a cable end for it. Pressing the pedal 1/2 inch or so before getting throttle response is just a pain in the butt. Thanks for any ideas.
Mike

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: Throttle cable slack
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 11:00:07 pm »
I've never looked at the method used to attach the cable to the pedal, but I think I remember someone saying they had once bent something on the pedal to take up the slack. 

Try emailing Aerodonamic to see if he can give you a solution.  He's our Fiero Guru. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

oldbikeracer

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 07:33:29 pm »
I got the slack out today. If you remove the 2 bolts holding the pedal to the floor it is possible to wiggle, twist and turn the pedal out far enough to get to both ends. Then simply bend the darn thing, it takes some force to do it. I now have about 1/4 inch of pedal slack and I can live with that. I did discover I am to darn old to work under the dash, removed seat and still had to twist and turn my old carcass around to do it. Next project is replace the tachometer with a good one.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 11:33:39 pm »
Mike, I'm sorry, but I've forgotten to send you that tach filter.  Hold off on the tach swap until I get the filter to you.  I've been trying to maintain 2 households while I work on one of them, and just forgot all about it. 

As you can see by the timeline on my posts, they're after I get back home at night and early in the morning.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

oldbikeracer

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 10:49:36 am »
Do not send it !!  I have anew one on it. Thanks a bunch for your help on this car.
Mike