Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: 85 GT in Opelika @ Sams!  (Read 15838 times)

ratfink

85 GT in Opelika @ Sams!
« on: March 10, 2009, 02:44:23 pm »
I have noticed a silver 85 GT with a broken windshield,sitting at Sams club here in Auburn/ Opelika.
A Pennocks sticker on back window say's DaveGa GT85, and it has a Walton county, Florida license plate.
Does anyone Know who this car belongs to?, I would hate to see it towed to a junkyard!

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: 85 GT in Opelika @ Sams!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 03:10:30 pm »
His name is Dave, and he was one of our members.  He was from Macon, Ga.  Used to attend our meetings frequently, but about 4 years ago, he disappeared, and stopped replying to emails and inquiries as to his well-being.  He usually went by the handle of SuperDave.  If he's from Florida, I'm kinda curious as to why the car's sitting up there.  I'll go back through some old records to see if I can find an email for him and let him know.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 03:22:22 pm »
His last registered Pennock's user name is superDaveGaGT85. His profile has an email address.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 03:31:31 pm »
I found 2 old email addresses in my records and sent him an email.  Both of them bounced back.  Pat, I just checked the PFF registration you refer to, and the emails I had are the same as on PFF. 

The last I remember he came to a meeting was 4 or 5 years ago when we were meeting at The Brickery on Roswell Road.  Don worked on his front brakes in the parking lot, after the meeting.  It was the silver 85GT.

Ratfink, you might talk to the local PD and tell them you think you know who the owner is.  See if it's still in his possession or maybe stolen.  If his email matches his name, it should be Dave Bloodsworth. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

ratfink

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 03:39:57 pm »
Thanks for the quick replies, I will pursue Sams,then the local PD!

Trizzino

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 09:30:50 pm »
How'd it go with the search? I saw that it is still there today. It doesn't look in to bad a of shape either wouldnt mind picking it up.

Austin

Trizzino

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2009, 09:30:14 pm »
Well i got a follow-up. I talked to Sam's and Dave used to work there but went to florida. The manager at sam's gave me his card and told me to call back on monday or tuesday because he will call Dave over the weekend and check on whats the deal with the car.

Austin

ratfink

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2009, 03:24:39 pm »
Good for You Austin, Let Me know if I can help in any way!