Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Introduction and my misc items  (Read 48289 times)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: Introduction and my misc items
« Reply #90 on: March 25, 2017, 02:44:06 pm »
Our Minister doesn't preach about politics, but he will occasionally ask if a passage in the Bible doesn't compare to something current.  Pointing out the prophecies.

In Sunday School class, we have a beginning period of socializing about our week and happenings.  If someone brings up political subjects, it sometimes gets detailed and opinionated.  No arguments, just people stating their views. 

I, too, think that when a Clergy urges the congregation to take specific political actions, whether it be in local, state or national politics, that particular house of worship should be stripped of it's non-profit status.  If that Clergy does it outside the house of worship, as an individual, there should also be penalties directed at the individual.  This includes Falwell, Sharpton, Jackson, Graham, and any other Clergy or so-called Clergy. 

I agree that so many have been turned off.  I think the TelEvangelists are a big factor.  Many of them live very extravagant lifestyles.  Many have been exposed as not really being a person of purity as would be expected of Clergy.  Some continue on with their ways, even after they're exposed, and their congregations accept it.  Creflo Dollar had a huge multi-million dollar mansion in the Atlanta area, but that wasn't enough.  He asked his congregation to buy him a personal jet. 
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3015459/A-53-acre-estate-Rolls-Royce-4M-gift-Evander-Holyfield-plea-worshipers-new-Gulfstream-inside-world-mega-rich-preacher-faced-JAIL-financial-secrecy.html

Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church was the subject of a child sexual abuse investigation.

Remember Oral Roberts?  "God, please forgive me for I have sinned!"

Probably Billy Graham and his son Franklin have so far escaped any of the negative expose`s that have had such an impact on organized religion. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 25, 2017, 02:51:12 pm »
I, too, think that when a Clergy urges the congregation to take specific political actions, whether it be in local, state or national politics, that particular house of worship should be stripped of it's non-profit status.  If that Clergy does it outside the house of worship, as an individual, there should also be penalties directed at the individual.  This includes Falwell, Sharpton, Jackson, Graham, and any other Clergy or so-called Clergy. 

I agree, but I do like the invocation before races.  If I were to be elected to some office, AND I had a trusted clergyman in attendance, I'd want their blessing, both for the ceremony and the celebration dinner.  I am a sinner.  I need all the blessings I can get.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #92 on: March 25, 2017, 03:25:26 pm »
I don't feel that's religion interfering with politics.  Our invocation at council and other public city and county meetings general ask that they be guided for the best of their jurisdiction and for everyone's well-being.  Not that the Council or Commissioners vote in a particular way. 

I'm sure that any denomination would be welcome to present their own invocations. 

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 25, 2017, 08:53:27 pm »
I thought I posted a reply, but it either didn't post or it was deleted.  Not sure.

The OMG was good.  Good conversation.  Good food.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 01, 2017, 10:22:20 pm »
Today, I was driving down the interstate, minding my own business, then traffic in front of me scattered.  There in front of me was a leather recliner chair, in full recline.  The back was to me.  The foot rest was a bit torn.  The location wouldn't have been so bad, if the chair wasn't in the lane next to a merge lane.  Just something to complicate the merge process.  I knew I could miss the chair, but worried someone else would hit the chair, and I'd have to deal with that.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #95 on: April 01, 2017, 10:33:06 pm »
So, did you stop and get it?

Roger

• Paid Members
  • If it’s the thought that counts, think money.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 02, 2017, 12:32:31 am »
LOST
Reclining chair. Footrest has slight tear. Fell off of tailgate on ramp to interstate. Wife was in it at the time. Matching lounger misses its sister. Please help. Call 555-1212. Reward.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 12:34:48 am by Roger »
You can't fix stupid but, you can adjust it with a 2x4.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 02, 2017, 08:10:05 am »
So, did you stop and get it?

Ha, ha.  No, but there is a brand new in the bag wheel bearing on the left shoulder about 5 miles further down.  It's been there for a week.  I was tempted to pick that up, but figured a. the owner would be back for it (I don't want to steal), and b. it probably sustained damage during the fall.  Still, it looks to be in perfect condition.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 02, 2017, 07:53:31 pm »
My ATV has problems with flat front tires since I bought the ATV.  The ATV shop sealed the bead with black goop.  Several times.  Plenty of tread on the tires.  No dry-rot.  After a few times of this (at $10 per tire each time), they said the wheels were dirty, so they wire-wheeled the wheels.  Flat when I picked them up.  So, they said buy tubes.

I bought tubes.  A few days later, they told me the tubes I brought in (which had looked new, with nice flat folds, and were clean black rubber), were old and already had holes in them.  Odd, because they didn't mention that when I took them in, completely unpackaged.  They sold me a set of their tubes and installed them (without valve caps).  When I picked up the tubes I'd taken in, they were filthy, and yes, looked used.  The ATV made a ride around the neighborhood 3 Saturdays ago (on the sidewalk).  2 Saturdays ago, my son was sweeping the porch, and hit the valve stem of the left tire, and the air audibly leaked out in that area.  The right was still good.  The next Friday night, the right was still good.  Last Saturday morning, the right was flat.  I took both tires to the ATV shop.  They ordered new tubes.  I picked them up on Saturday.  $93.xx!  They offered me the old tubes, which were filthy.  Got home, put the wheels on, let the jack down, and the right one was flat.  No hissing or anything.  I put my foot against the right tire, and the rush of air leaving the sounded like heavy breathing.  I took the tire back to the ATV store.  First, they said I'd probably hit a rock or thorn or something.  Then, they said the tires had a bad bead, due to so many mountings and dismountings.  After I reminded them that these had tubes, they said something in the tire had probably caused the flat.  I asked if they checked for that before installing the tube, and they said that it must have been something that came into the tire from riding.  I reminded them I hadn't had a chance to ride on it.  They refunded me $46.

I'm thinking the ATV shop didn't clean anything.  I further think my tubes they gave me back were good, but they flattened them.  Am I being too hard on these people?

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #99 on: April 02, 2017, 09:15:20 pm »
If you didn't give them a tip each time, yes, you're being too hard on them.  :) ;)

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 02, 2017, 09:37:46 pm »
I give great tips!  I think it's time for a new ATV shop.  I've heard that you can get a tire on the bead by using a ratchet strap, but I've never tried.  New tires and wheels are ordered, arriving eventually.  I hope soon.  It's prime time to ride.  No dust.  My kid sister says MO is a swamp, but much of the year is very dry and dusty.

A friend just bought 6,000 head of cattle.  I think he's lost his mind.  He knows nothing of cattle ranching.  I know little.  I was last on a farm more than 30 years ago, and only have notes to refer to.  Mostly what the old-timers told us.  This friend wants me to come help out.  No running water, no electric, no gas on the property.  No well, either.  Just some ponds, 2 sinkholes full of trash, and a bunch of broken-down fences.  I told him he needs to fix the sinkholes, find someone who knows what they're doing, and clean out the waterholes.  Also that he needs to start small and give me a map of his land.  I'll run the fenceline, mark on the map where the fence needs major repairs, and do the simple fence repairs.  I'll mark any haying land.  Still, the property needs to be checked for plants that are poisonous to cattle.

6,000 head of cattle is a LOT of work.  Ours were grain-fed twice a day with the high-gain feed.  They gain about 3-5 pounds per day.  Still, that's 2 years before you can sell for any profit, but he needs about half for breeding.  This friend has no tractor, and there is no barn, so he'll have to pay someone to do his haying.

I really can't imagine how he and his wife (both city people) plan to handle 6,000 head of cattle.  They don't live near the property, either.

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 02, 2017, 10:39:12 pm »
Let's hope that at least the fences are fixed before the cattle arrive. Otherwise, there'll be free cattle for others running around.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 02, 2017, 11:24:18 pm »
Yeah.  Chasing loose cattle isn't fun, and my stock dog died in '96.  Fortunately, as long as the grass and water are good, cattle don't usually wander far on their own.

I'll run the fences, but I'm not digging post holes.  At least, not until my shoulder is long since healed.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 07, 2017, 05:24:57 pm »
There's something fishy.  I'm about fished out.  Fish, again, for supper, of course.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 08:26:39 pm by tshark »

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 08, 2017, 07:04:42 am »
I picked up new front tires and wheels for my ATV.  If these go flat any time soon, I won't be happy.  No more excuses.

After raining for the last 5 days, the sun broke through late yesterday.  Things are looking up for the weekend.