Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Wooo! My wife's truck got smashed by a 8 point buck on the way to work  (Read 15202 times)

jwrape

• View Profile
My poor wife was driving her Navigator in front of me going to her work on a wooded road on Friday morning. The Buck jumped the opposite lane and landed FLAT against my wifes grill and headlights. Wiped out the front of the truck.

That Buck was a 8 pointer and HUGE.
It broke the Bucks back and rear legs. The deer drugg itself across the road with it's front legs into the woods. A fellow driver stopped and put it down . It was tough to watch. But I wanted to share the pics of the truck. So far it's approx. $7000 damage. WOOO!

You can see the Fiero in the background of one of the pics.
The Sheriff that wrote the report loved talking about the GT. His first words were, how long have you had the 2M6... LOL... Seems he had a couple of them in the past and still loves them.

The Body shop showed me the bottom of the hood where the crossmember goes across the front where the hood latch is and said that piece hardly ever breaks unless it is a HARD hit. Obviously this was a hard hit. Cracked the hood down the middle and bent the hinges and moves the latch up an inch.

Later that day I thought if that Buck would have waited one more second it might have killed me in the little Fiero.

My poor wife is VERY sore the past few days

« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 08:04:51 am by jwrape »
86GT Automaic 2.8L, 05, G35, 96 MZ3

Donster

• View Profile
Re: Wooo! My wife's truck got smashed by a 8 point buck on the way to work
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 08:39:26 am »
Good that both of you are ok

\D
Life is good!

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 08:43:13 am »
That was a solid hit.  Good thing it didn't try to jump her lane or it would have been right in the windshield.  The Fiero might have done better.  About 3 weeks ago, my brother caught one in the windshield.  It went right on over the top of the car leaving only saliva and blood on a cracked windshield.  Probably because Fieros are so sleek and slippery :)  Did you get the rack from the deer?

Regarding deer strikes, I've often thought about trying to make the state pay for the repairs.  My theory is that if your dog goes out into the roadway and a car hits it or wrecks trying to avoid it, you are responsible for the damage.  Since we must buy a license from the State to hunt deer, then the State is claiming the deer belongs to them.  If it belongs to the State, they should be responsible for the damage it causes.  At one time Maine would give you the choice of taking the meat or having your vehicle repaired if you struck an animal that required a hunting license. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

jwrape

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 08:45:59 am »
No I didn't get the rack. LOL! I'm not much of a hunter. I do know there was a hunter circling us the entire time waiting for us to leave so he could go get it. Also the guy that put it down prolly came back by as well. It was HUGE. Very old and well fed deer.
86GT Automaic 2.8L, 05, G35, 96 MZ3