Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: THREADS ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING  (Read 92994 times)

Robs Fieros

• President of the East Tennessee Fiero Club
    • View Profile
Re: THREADS ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING
« Reply #120 on: July 23, 2018, 04:46:07 pm »
My wedding anniversary is August 6. We've been married for a long time.
President of East Tennessee Fiero Club

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 23, 2018, 07:44:34 pm »
I hate to break this to you, but it'll be an even longer time by 8/6.  Happy anniversary!

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 30, 2018, 08:20:45 pm »
Got Chick-fil-A?

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 28, 2018, 09:15:51 pm »
Imagine that you share an email account with other people, or that someone else gets a copy of your emails.  Would your emails be interesting, or would it be more like reading the daily water meter reports?

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 02, 2018, 01:59:21 pm »
I've been working on my chair.  Not perfect, but it turns, rocks, and reclines.  It's padded, but not overstuffed.
Perhaps, I should make the chair wider, overstuff it, and change the cloth for soft leather. 

Anyway, not the most comfortable chair, but a great improvement from my papasan chair.  My Ricarto chair was nice, but is starting to fall apart after 20+ years, and the dog chewed on that chair.  Perhaps I broke the supports.  Anyway, if you fall over backward in that vhair, getting up is most undignified.

I have a corner sectional chair that is leather-covered, has wide arms with pockets, reclines, is overstuffed, has an electronic massager built in, and even has drink and remote holders.  After 30 years, it's starting to show wear, also.

A previous effort for a chair was basically mounted on a ball with an electronic gyroscope.  It went through batteries quickly, and would unceremoniously dump me on the floor.

What is your favorite chair?

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #125 on: September 02, 2018, 03:52:51 pm »
My sofa and chair are leather.  The sofa has overstuffed armrests.  The previous recliner that Melanie used was part of the living room set.  The recliner broke and I replaced it with one of similar the same material, color and similar style except that the armrests aren't as stuffed.  The end sections on the sofa recline, and either end was my favorite over the recliner.  Where Melanie sat was the coldest spot in the living room, so I have rearranged the furniture and I can't fully recline on the sofa, so I'm using the recliner chair, now located on the other side of the room.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 12, 2018, 06:05:45 pm »
Well, the hurricane is hitting the coast, apparently.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 05:45:36 pm by GTRS Fiero »

Robs Fieros

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 19, 2018, 10:00:38 am »
Well the storm didn't reach us so I mowed my yard yesterday.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 19, 2018, 05:46:04 pm »
Glad you're out and about.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 23, 2018, 12:37:39 am »
There is a stop sign on a cross street near me.  People frequently run this stop sign.  The speed limit is 25MPH.

Tonight, I was undressed and just getting into bed, when I heard the screech of brakes and a crash, followed by smaller crashes, then screams.  I got dressed again, and ran the 2 blocks to the accident.  There were 2 vehicles at that intersection, one was barely recognizeable as a Ford Focus sedan, and the other was a toyota.  The sedan was in the middle of a neighbor's yard, and had bounced off a tree just past the stop sign and then gone through a hedge.  A lady and some kids were sortof sitting nearby, but not really aware of me.
 The toyota had all airbags deployed, was on fire, and the occupants couldn't seem to open the doors.  The toyota had spun around and rebounded off a brick garden, then skidded down the T street.  The occupants of both vehicles were black, which I only mention because of what came later.

The black neighbor whose yard had the Focus in it and I got the front doors of the focus open, whereupon the occupants basically ran off down the street, leaving crying children in the back seat. We got the kids out, and the neighbor and his wife tried to calm the kids, who had not been wearing seatbelts.

I called the police, only to get tackled by the guy who had run from the car.  He ran when the police arrived.

The skid marks of the toyota were 16 paces long.  However far you figure that was, the toyota was going more than 25MPH, and clearly had not stopped.  The Focus, also, had clearly not stopped.  The woman who had been driving the Focus finally snapped out of it, when the neighbor asked her about an ambulance, at which point she went into a panic and started yelling and beating her fists on the neighbor's chest.  By this time, we could hear sirens, and the kids were sortof wailing.

At this point, the toyota was fully ablaze, and another neighbor brought out his garden hose.

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 23, 2018, 01:29:47 pm »
I called the police, only to get tackled by the guy who had run from the car. 

I don't take kindly to being attacked. I think I would have to press charges. If only to "pile on" to whatever he had been running from.
Pressing charges might make the difference between the moron being held or released on bond. May save someone else some misery.

Having vented all that, I hope everyone is okay.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 23, 2018, 01:48:22 pm »
Well, he tried something with the COP.  I did not see it start, but the COP backhanded the guy, and told the guy not to lay a hand on him again.  I was trying to be in the background.  Do not worry.  He will remember our tussle for a good long while.  I do not want him to have my name or address.

I would like to think I'm fair.  He has his own issues.  I do not believe he meant me harm, but really did not care.  He probably will not go to jail, and likely will not pay a fine, regardless of what I did or did not do.  I'm sure he will vanish, until the next incident.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 03, 2018, 07:03:23 pm »
Yesterday, I stopped for a red light.  A few seconds later, the guy behind me did not stop.  Aside from damage to his vehicle, he broke the wrist that was holding his cell phone.  He was telling the COP that it wasn't his fault, he looked to just as he hit [me], there was nothing he could do.

The guy claimed he was only crawling along, but it is a GPS-monitored company van.  I called the company owner (whom I happen to know), and got the GPS records, which showed him speeding.  Hmmm.  My vehicle cam shows me stopped, and you can see the top of the guy's head, then the hood fly up.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 03, 2018, 07:06:00 pm »
I called the police, only to get tackled by the guy who had run from the car. 

I don't take kindly to being attacked. I think I would have to press charges. If only to "pile on" to whatever he had been running from.
Pressing charges might make the difference between the moron being held or released on bond. May save someone else some misery.

Having vented all that, I hope everyone is okay.

The woman in the one car was trying to hit the guy in the other car.   But the guy was the main one who did not want the police called.  The woman already had a warrant out for her arrest.  Of course, everyone is already released.

Robs Fieros

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 22, 2018, 10:53:25 am »
well I finally got back on here. It's been cool  up here, it's 44 degrees outside now and I'm still wearing short parts and a t-shirt.