Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Remote mirror studs  (Read 78 times)

montegut

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
Remote mirror studs
« on: April 16, 2023, 01:14:59 pm »
Can someone tell me the size, thread of the remote mirror studs? Studs missing after getting my GT back from painter. Thanks

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: Remote mirror studs
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2023, 04:19:16 pm »
I have apparently sold the mirrors I had, but I checked the parts manual and thestuds aren't listed there.  The only thing I could find was the mirrors and related connections but the nut size is listed as
Hex Nut Toothed M6 x 1 x 5 05  If that would help find a local replacement stud.

As I recall, they had an unthreaded portion about midway, probably to prevent bottoming out in the mirror. 

There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2023, 06:31:06 pm »
Just a shot in the dark... might they be the same studs that hold the wing to the decklid?

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2023, 10:12:47 pm »
I think the portion that screws into the stand is more like a wood screw thread than a machine thread. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

montegut

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2023, 11:41:37 pm »
Looking over my notes when I removed my mirrors over a year ago before my GT went to the painter, I realized the passenger mirror only had one stud. Examining the mirror I can see that the rear hole never had threads cut into it. It was always held in place with only the front stud with no problems. When I do reinstall it, I will probably cut some threads and install it with a bolt.