Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Mera Kit Ferrari 308 GTB car For Sale 85/87  (Read 34890 times)

ry57speedybird

Mera Kit Ferrari 308 GTB car For Sale 85/87
« on: August 20, 2009, 12:08:21 pm »

Ferrari 308 GTB replica/ V6 5sp ROSSA RED replica of a Ferrari 308 GTB and a REALLY nice one too! This is not a cheap or poorly built kit car. 5 speed getrag tranny, 2.8 fuel injected V-6 grey interior, red exterior, good tires, power windows, power mirrors, new clutch, new brakes, new suspension, new coolant, 180 amp powermaster alternator, poly cradle bushings, over 1000.00 in real Ferrari badges and emblems. need to sell this very unique toy to make room for a new toy in the garage. Fiero based Ferrari kit car/ factory built This is NOT a cheap poorly built Kit but a factory built replica,  This car is not a numbered mera although it is a Mera body with all mera parts, lights, wheels accessories. Ferrari shut them down in the mid 80's but there are a few cars remaining. most bring upwards of $20,000 almost as much as a the REAL Car. there is well over $20,000 invested in this car. I owned a 81 Ferrari 308 GTSi for a few years and dont miss the 800.00 oil changes. This car has all the looks- most will never know the diff in body lines from the real car to this Kit. the nicest thing about this car is its 100% factory, repairs are to a 1986/87 fiero GT not the euro real thing. Car has NEW: brakes/ rotors/ calipers/ pads all the way around, all eng sensors, belts, AC compressor and accumulator, alternator, ALL fluids flushed. fresh engine, cold air intake, new battery, all new lights, racing 1.5" lowering kit, new springs and struts all the way around, Ferrari (MERA Logo) knock off wheels/ factory Ferrari badges and markers/ and too much other stuff to list.
<br>
you will have all the fun you can stand at a fraction of the price with this V6 5 sp car! It is suprisingly quick!!!
<br>
57k miles, factory AC new compressor and dryer (charge needed)  power windows and all the goodies, Economy forces the sale of this project. I trying to free up some cash to move to other toys. Fresh 2.8 with Getrag 5sp manual transmission. Car looks AMAZING! great paint and great grey factory orig fiero interior.
<br>
Call for details, more pics avail, call to discuss I will send more pics upon request. I have many pics but CL will only let me load one and I am not sure how to shrink them down.
<br>

<br>
I would really like cash for this project. I am tired of trying to deal with the trades. I will consider quality trades. please email me your trade with pics and descrip and I will respond if I am interested. trades considered: hot rod projects, rat rod , boats, airplanes, high horse power,
<br>
Ryan -cell 404-357-0028 price was $15,000 and I had many lookers but I need to sell this toy so I dropped the price to 12500.00 or best offer. I willing to consider all resonable offers.
<br>

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: Mera Kit Ferrari 308 GTB car For Sale 85/87
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 12:24:39 pm »
Is this car registered as a Mera or a Fiero.  What year?
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

ry57speedybird

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 12:34:11 pm »
This is NOT a "registered" MERA, It was built with many Mera components. It is registered as a 1986SE. I did a cradle swap and installed a 2.8 5sp getrag from a 87GT (57k miles). Very nice car. this is not a hacked together Kit. You need to come see it.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 12:52:32 pm »
Thank you.  The reason I asked is that you said it was factory built.  I'm assuming it was assembled by the factory that made the kit, and not by Pontiac. 

I saw this one one day when I was up your way.  It is a nice looking car, and it looks like all the panels line up.  There is no difference in the 86 and 87 cradles, and very little difference in the 86 and 87 motors. 

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Formula88

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 12:46:50 pm »
Fiero based Ferrari kit car/ factory built This is NOT a cheap poorly built Kit but a factory built replica,  This car is not a numbered mera although it is a Mera body with all mera parts, lights, wheels accessories.

It's not a Mera, but it's factory built?  What factory built it? 

ry57speedybird

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2009, 09:35:21 am »
Most "kit cars" out there look like erector sets hot glued together. This car was built somewhere up north is what I was told. Being Mera body panels and parts everything including all the brackets and braces are "factory" or at least "manufactured" no hot glue and coat hangers on this car. In other words this car is not a "poorly built kit" everything fits together very well and has a "factory look"

ry57speedybird

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 11:28:58 pm »
Price drop. I will sell this car for 9000.00 cash Please do not bring low ball offers. I will trade for items of value. Please do not offer crap.

AA2UK

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2015, 01:16:48 pm »
Thank you.  The reason I asked is that you said it was factory built.  I'm assuming it was assembled by the factory that made the kit, and not by Pontiac. 

I saw this one one day when I was up your way.  It is a nice looking car, and it looks like all the panels line up.  There is no difference in the 86 and 87 cradles, and very little difference in the 86 and 87 motors.
The only MERA without a MERA registration number is the Bob Bracey Black 1988 with a NorthStar conversion. I owned it sold it to a couple in Florida. I had all the dealership paperwork, original dealer's window sticker and invoicing including a copy of Bob's license.
The car could be traced through various car information sites.
I bought it with the N* conversion, it would have been worth more $$$'s if the original engine and transmission were left in this rare MERA. It had less then 20k miles on it when it was sold. I see it's for sale again.
The car was a real performer.....

Bill

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2015, 02:21:57 pm »
This car ended up in the hands of one of our members, 308 GTB.  The chassis was built using the front end of one car and the front firewall back, being of the 86SE.  The 86SE had been wrecked and required a new front on it.  I believe Ryan and maybe his brother were the sons of Dave McBride, of Shade Tree Mechanic TV fame and partner to Sam Memollo.  They were the builders.  The story I got was that it was built using NOS Mera panels that had never been installed on a prior vehicle. 

The car was sold by 308 GTB to someone in Oklahoma that just had to have it.  Within two weeks it had been resold for a higher price.  I think it might have gone back to Florida.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 02:44:33 pm by Fierofool »

AA2UK

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2015, 06:22:41 pm »
It's a nice looking car, one thing I noticeD is the mirrors aren't correct for a MERA.