Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Charlies 86 SE  (Read 27869 times)

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Re: Charlies 86 SE
« Reply #225 on: July 25, 2020, 08:59:42 pm »
I didn't know plates could be cancelled.  I may not renew, but have never cancelled them.  Did you get a refund?

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #226 on: July 25, 2020, 09:10:31 pm »
No.  It was just before I was to renew.  I actually renewed the 87 and the truck when I cancelled the 86 plates.  This works out well for registering and insuring again.  I'll call my agent Monday and pick up plates.  Probably go to pick up the car on Tuesday with my daughter and granddaughter. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

MikeMac

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 26, 2020, 11:28:10 pm »
I didn't know plates could be cancelled.  I may not renew, but have never cancelled them.  Did you get a refund?
In Georgia if you drop the insurance without cancelling the registration you will get a nice letter from the state with a fine for driving the car without insurance. The state doesn't know the car isn't on the road and assumes you are driving without insurance.

I tried to explain this to my neighbor and he didn't listen. By the time he was done it cost him over $500 in fines and fees and many hours of phone calls!

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 27, 2020, 02:41:09 am »
Gestapo!

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #229 on: July 27, 2020, 09:42:05 am »
Also, in Georgia, automobile insurance providers are required to immediately notify DMV when a car is insured or the insurance is cancelled.  Most states require you to carry proof of insurance in your vehicle, but in Georgia, because of the notification requirement, the officer can see whether or not the car is insured just by running the plate number.  I just called my agent around 8:45 to reinstate the insurance and then called my county DMV to see if they showed insurance.  They do. 

Before the invent and utilization of plate readers and the required reporting to the DMV, one of my brothers would insure his car long enough to get an insurance card, then he would cancel it.  Most of the time he drove his car for the full year, having only paid 1 or 2 months minimum insurance premium. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 27, 2020, 05:22:43 pm »
None of their business!  On the other hand, I have been hit by people driving without a license, without insurance, and without having their vehicle rrgistered.  I have to pay for uninsured motorist insurance to cover the such things.  Ridiculous!  Of course, nothing happens to those people.

Humorously, after the COP refused to hold an illegal accountable, a guy hit that COP's car, then another COP who happened to be driving by.

MikeMac

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 27, 2020, 10:09:50 pm »
It looks like Missouri is the same as Georgia. I think most States are like Georgia when it comes to insurance.

Mandatory automobile liability insurance

If you own or operate a motor vehicle in Missouri, you are required by law to insure that automobile with coverage for injuries you cause to another, for at least $25,000 per person, $50,000 per accident, and $25,000 for property damage. The Department of Revenue is now tracking drivers to make sure they keep their liability insurance policies in force. If you let your coverage lapse you will be subject to suspension of the vehicle's registration and possibly your driver's license.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 27, 2020, 10:13:01 pm »
Dunno about that last part, but yes, the rest sounds about how it is.

MikeMac

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 27, 2020, 10:22:17 pm »
That was right off the Missouri Department of Insurance website. I should have mentioned that in my previous post. It seems this is the case in all states except New Hampshire. Big Brother in the information age!

MikeMac

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 27, 2020, 10:24:19 pm »
See all of the good info people miss by not reading all the current posts in all the threads. This one started as Charlies 86 SE! LOL

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 27, 2020, 10:25:36 pm »
Careful!  The forum police will be after you, soon.

MikeMac

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 27, 2020, 10:38:49 pm »
Careful!  The forum police will be after you, soon.

All Threads Matter. Defund the forum police...

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 27, 2020, 10:47:52 pm »
Animal Farm

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 28, 2020, 07:30:49 pm »
Scott, thanks for hosting the work sessions.  I'm sure others are also appreciative, for various reasons, but certainly the pictures and documentary this afforded were great for my purposes.

scottb

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 28, 2020, 07:50:02 pm »
no problem, its good to help friends