Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: St. Patrick's Day Parade  (Read 530 times)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: St. Patrick's Day Parade
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2023, 08:07:04 am »
Everyone be sure to dress warmly.  High for Saturday is forecast to be only 55°f.

It might also be good to bring along your FRS radios is you have them.  I still have Scott's pair of Cobra radios.  They have a USB charger base and a built in LED flashlight in them.  These are higher level radios and go for nearly $100.  He would like to sell them for $50.  Let me know if interested. 
« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 09:16:26 am by Fierofool »
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2023, 11:19:52 am »
We could have as many as 7 or 8 cars in the parade.  The Hartlines expressed interest and may bring AeroDon to the parade.  Ron is coming in from Huntsville, and new members James McIntyre and Jeff Sands also seemed to be planning to join us with their respective gold 87GT and gold 86SE.

If there isn't a good food venue at the parade, maybe the group can have lunch at Friends in Bethlehem afterward.  It's on the way back home for most. 

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2023, 01:44:30 pm »
I've been looking at the best way to get to the staging area.  The Casto Trading Parking lot is really small.  So is Statham, but it can get crowded. 

If coming in on Ga. 316, University Parkway, exit left onto Hwy 211 at the sign that points to Statham.  This is Bethlehem Road.  Don't confuse it with Carl-Bethlehem Road, which is also Hwy 211. 

At the end you will see the railroad in front of you.  Turn left, go to the first crossing on the right (Mulberry Street) turn right and immediately right again onto Railroad Street.  This runs along the other side of the railroad and leads directly into the Casto Trading parking lot. 

If coming out of Winder on Atlanta Hwy, follow alongside the railroad and as you near Statham there will be Statham Storage on the right.  Take the first RR crossing to the left onto Mulberry Street then immediately right onto Railroad Street and follow to the Casto Trading parking lot. 

Casto Trading Company, 1898 Railroad Street, Statham, Ga. 

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2023, 04:24:09 pm »
I would like to know by tonight who is actually coming.  So far I only have Paul, Me, Pat, and Ron.  I need to let them know when I get there so we can keep a space big enough. 

If anyone has problems along the way or finding the right place call me at Six 7 Ate, Fore Six Seven, Won 7 Fore Too. 

Tinton

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2023, 06:13:04 pm »
Haven’t been sure if I could make it, I’ve been having problems with my drivers rear caliper. Been waiting on a shipment from the Fierostore and it hasn’t arrived yet. Wheel/hub heat up and it’s worse if I drive it on the highway, was hoping my calipers would arrive so I could go. I took it apart last weekend and lubed everything but it’s still doing it.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2023, 07:42:02 pm »
Sounds like you have a brake line that's coming apart inside and won't let the pressure back off.  My 86, the one Scott had, did that with a brand new caliper and it caught fire.  You might try changing the rubber brake hose first and save some money on a caliper. 

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2023, 07:44:53 pm »
A few shots of the day.  We were the first to arrive but the last in line due to a snafu by the staff.  They didn't put us in the lineup though they acknowledged we should have been.  Anyway, it was a nice parade. 

montegut

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2023, 07:48:50 pm »
Looks like a great day for a parade!

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2023, 07:53:58 pm »

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2023, 07:57:26 pm »
Looks like a great day for a parade!

It was a pretty day but cold and windy.  Temps were just above freezing early on and the wind was blowing the static clings off our cars while we were waiting to enter the parade. 

I just found out that Monroe, Ga. has a very big parade, so maybe next year that can be our target. 

pgackerman

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2023, 05:03:50 pm »
Red '88 GT 5-Speed, 7730ECM, 1.6 Rockers, and KEYLESS Entry! 
Now with a trailer hitch for my bike rack.
Southland Jubilee 2019 Best in Class