Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: 2024 St. Patrick's Day Parade Anyone?  (Read 76 times)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
2024 St. Patrick's Day Parade Anyone?
« on: January 25, 2024, 02:00:51 pm »
Is anyone interested in participating in a St. Patrick's Day Parade this year? If enough will commit I will approach some cities for entry.  If you know of a parade other than Atlanta and Savannah, let me know.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2024, 06:15:41 pm by Fierofool »
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

The Art Doctor

• View Profile
Re: 2024 St. Patrick's Day Parade Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2024, 04:39:11 pm »
The 24th annual Avondale Estates Easter Parade is a great event.  Old cars, old houses and throwing candy out the windows for hundreds of waiting kids and families makes for a good time.  Here is a link with some pics from 2022, my hoodless '47 Chevy with the blue firewall can been seen in the images. https://decaturish.com/2022/04/photos-avondale-estates-easter-parade/  This years parade is sponsored by the Cadillac Club and will be attended by a few of us in the Ford V8 Club, the Model A club plus usually at least two dozen more random old cars.  Easter is Sunday March 31st this year.  This is a post-church timed event which generally happens around 11am and gathers behind the police building  These may change slightly and I will get specifics to time and meet up location when it gets closer.  I love this event and rarely miss it.

pgackerman

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2024, 03:03:14 pm »

I like the idea of joining someone elses already planned parade.
Red '88 GT 5-Speed, 7730ECM, 1.6 Rockers, and KEYLESS Entry! 
Now with a trailer hitch for my bike rack.
Southland Jubilee 2019 Best in Class

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2024, 05:06:45 pm »
I don't know if Statham is having a second one this year, or not.  Last year the council was against it but the mayor held it anyway.  Now, they have a new mayor.

Winder had one last year and there was even newspaper coverage of it, but city hall says they didn't issue any permits and there was no parade last year.  ?????

Statham and Dublin might be our only options, but it has to be done quickly.  I don't know what their registration cutoff dates are. 

We can certainly do Easter and St. Patrick's if enough people participate.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2024, 06:16:32 pm by Fierofool »
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers