Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Circle K?  (Read 13994 times)

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Circle K?
« on: May 23, 2018, 07:06:54 pm »
I had to fill up at a Circle K, today.  This station is about a year old.  I don't know if it's a new thing, a Circle K thing, or what, but the gas  took soooo loooooooong to pump.  I checked with people at the other pumps, and it was just as slow for them.  It took 9 minutes to pump 31 gallons.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: Circle K?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 10:30:27 pm »
When there's a high volume of pumps in use at the same time, it happens at all stations.  QT and RaceTrac and WalMart/Murphy stations are usually full in this area.  Pumping can be very slow and if you're manually holding the nozzle, you can feel other pumps clicking off and on.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Re: Circle K?
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 10:39:23 pm »
I usually fill up at QT, and I've never experienced sluggishness--even when all 28 pumps are in use.  Not all these pumps were in use.  Only about half.  I would estimate that I usually fill up in about 2-3 minutes.

I normally use QT because they're usually in good locations, they're clean, they have anything else I may need, there is plenty of room, the lots are clear of trash and things that may puncture tires, and the people are friendly.  I'd never really thought about the speed of the pumping, until today.

Edit: I have felt the shutoff from the pump on the other side of the one I was using.