Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Hello everyone. New to Atlanta and looking to get back to Fieros  (Read 14429 times)

NoMad

• View Profile
I have recently moved to Atlanta from Fairbanks/North Pole Alaska area.

I currently am without a fiero as it was not a practical vehicle choice for me in Alaska. My last Fiero was my high school car. It was an 84 2M4 that I gave to a friend in need way back in 2001 as I left for the Army.

Currently I am searching out the right car to get back into a fiero as a daily driver and tinkering car. My recent attempts have taken me to Clarkesville, TN on Thursday to look at an 87 GT 5 spd. The guy misrepresented what he had and it was a full 17.5 hours and 640 miles for that duping. So ya, I am a little motivated to get back to the fiero hobby.

Look forward to meeting you all soon.

Zack
Divemaster at the Georgia Aquarium

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
Re: Hello everyone. New to Atlanta and looking to get back to Fieros
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 11:58:49 pm »
Welcome back to the obsession. And welcome to Atlanta.
Check the mall thread about the Formula for sale in western NC. If I had the room, I would probably go get it.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 08:32:57 am »
Welcome!

You might want to look into taking off for a certain Saturday in September.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 08:36:40 am by GTRS Fiero »

NoMad

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2019, 08:54:05 am »
Welcome!

You might want to look into taking off for a certain Saturday in September.

What weekend is that?

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2019, 08:56:58 am »
The weekend of Run For The Hills.  I think it's the third Saturday in September, but Fierofool will know.

PK

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2019, 01:37:22 pm »
Hello there.  I hope you find yourself a good'n.

Donster

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2019, 03:17:26 pm »
There are worse places to move to and no better clubs to join. Once you find yourself a Fiero, you will find plenty of help here, perhaps even before you find a car. :-)
Welcome from one diver and Fiero fan to another!

Cheers from overseas,

\D
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 03:19:36 pm by Donster »
Life is good!

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2019, 10:18:50 pm »
While I already posted an intro thread below, I am already very greatful for the club and happily paid my dues right away.

For me ot was just moving to the area that prompted my joining. That said, I appear to a youngin here at 35 and so my ideas for membership might not be everyone else's. I have always most enjoyed clubs that did more things. If there is always something to be looking forward to it helps build excitement and new members. A once a month meeting means I have to be really committed and free to attend. Since I work Saturdays that means I likely won't actually get to meet many of you for some time. But if we planned one or two other days a month to meet and either do a shop day/night, attend or show at a car show together, or some general social event that is more public we would make attending an easier process by both volume and the ease of habit that comes with frequency. Plus being public means more exposure and hopefully more members.

Just my observations of clubs in general and what I see with a zero experiance view of this club from the board.

Zack
Sorry.  Didn't mean you.  There have been several new members.

Work schedules are forever a trouble.  During the week is difficult.  As for car shows, there have been people asking about such.  Maybe that could work.

You just missed the Polar Bear Run, but the club is gearing up for the Dun Hulse Cruise in April, which should give you time to get your Fiero sorted.