Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Screwed by Peter & his Reunion.com BS.  (Read 16399 times)

Tha Driver

• View Profile
    • Angel On Earth
Screwed by Peter & his Reunion.com BS.
« on: September 13, 2008, 01:41:23 pm »
As most of you know (I would hope), Peter opened a SPAM email & then CLICKED ON A LINK that sent an email to Reunion.com that sent them EVERY EMAIL ADDRESS IN HIS ADDESS BOOK!!! Of course, you know what that means: the spammers now have EVERYONE'S email address & they're KNOWN GOOD ADDRESSES so we are ALL going to get SPAM email FOREVER from these a**holes!
Most of you probably use some kind of SPAM filter so you don't have to deal with it. I don't: I hand delete my SPAM so that the software dosen't put GOOD emails in the SPAM folder. How can I do that? Well I NEVER post my full email address on the web, & I NEVER RESPOND to SPAM AT ALL - so I don't get that much SPAM. I've had folks not get my email because their software put them in the SPAM folder. Dosen't happen on my watch.
I'm ALREADY getting TWICE the SPAM in my Yahoo address, & of course getting SPAM in my alltel address too (which I was not getting ANY AT ALL before!). The ONLY other time I got SPAM in my alltel address was when Eric posted my address on the old forum. I caught it within a month, spent several HOURS posting to get it knocked off the bottom of the forum, & still got about a hundred SPAMs from that. NOW my address is PERMENENTLY listed & will be SOLD to SPAMMERS for YEARS!
Gee - THANKS Peter!!! It's probably going to cost me HUNDREDS of HOURS deleting SPAM emails before it drops back down from my non-responding!
PLEASE everyone: REMOVE my email addresses (BOTH of them) from your address book!!! If you want to save them, put them in a TEXT file in your Georgia Fiero Club folder. Every time I get emails from the club, I get them at BOTH addresses, & then someone clicks on "respond to all" & I get THAT in both addresses. Then someone else responds the same way...
Sorry, but I have to put an end to the SPAM as much as possible & BS like this from Peter just set me back several years!
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: Screwed by Peter & his Reunion.com BS.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 05:23:37 pm »
Yeah, I got hit on all my addresses, too.  If you will  go to www.majorgeeks.com you can find all sorts of free downloads. 

I have one program that might let spam through, but once I tell it that it's spam, I never get anything from that address again.  All the protection I run on my computer comes from Major Geeks, and it's free.  Check it out.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Gary Murray

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 09:22:13 pm »
yea im getting the same garbage,, just got another email from the same site tonight,

Peter Hoover sent you an invitation on Sep 04, 2008 to connect on Reunion.com.

Connect with Peter before the invitation expires!

Do you know Peter?

may i ask how did peter hoover or this site got my email address to start with?????? does this forum or the forum mediator supply everyones email address to anyone or did "someone" supply him everyones email address???  if so who was it, i want to return the favor >:(

Tha Driver

• View Profile
    • Angel On Earth
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 03:52:06 pm »
Like I said, Peter opened a SPAM email & CLICKED ON A LINK in that email that sent EVERYONE'S email address to that site! EVERYONE in his ADDRESS BOOK. I'm sure that includes everyone in the club & everyone who's ever emailed him (as he probably has the software set to automaticly add an address to his address book when he receives an email).
I'm getting about 10 SPAM emails a day in my alltel address now (got ZERO before), & about 20 or 30 MORE per day in my Yahoo address.
Guess that's the thanks I get for fixing his car & doing the Scallops at a DEEPLY discounted rate!
BTW, does anyone know if he's been showing the car? I haven't heard anything from him on how that's going....
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

If you haven't seen the future, you're not going fast enough! (Christian Von Coenigsegg)