Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: LED replacement bulbs for Fieros  (Read 15908 times)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
LED replacement bulbs for Fieros
« on: August 30, 2012, 06:29:17 pm »
I found this on Pennocks and thought it might be of interest to some.  These are replacement bulbs for the 194 bulbs used in the Fiero instrument cluster, outside marker lights, courtesy lights and PONTIAC illumination on the fastbacks.  Pricing is extremely good.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150844642609?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_4816wt_1090
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 09:25:15 pm by Fierofool »
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: LED replacement bulbs for Fieros
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 08:45:41 pm »
The trouble with white LEDs in your dash is that their blue-white light makes the dash look "pastel". I used red LEDs in the dash of my yellow car (only for the bulbs that light the dash -- not for turn signals, etc.), and the dash looks really good lit up pure red at night.
For side marker lights, I recommend one from this page. Search for "194 Superstar Bulbs With Metal Heat Sink" to see the exact ones I used. They are VERY bright. See this page to see what you may have to do to make LED front marker lights work.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 09:24:12 pm »
I read further down in their ad and they say that you can get the bulbs in different colors as well as white.  It doesn't say whether you can mix colors in the same 20 piece order, though. 

* Item Might Comes with Color Choice, please make sure to specify the desired color on the note section (message to seller) when you make payment through PAYPAL or eBay note. Otherwise, we will pick random color for the choice. We cannot pick color through email!

I also found in the product description that it may be a factory reconditioned part or a new unused part with defects. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

jwrape

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 06:40:01 am »
I replaced all mine a while back. They look awesome!
The thing with the blinkers and markers is that you need to replace the blinker relay with a digital one from Advance or Autoparts for about $12 so it blinks correctly.

Before I replaced the relay my blinkers would not blink anyways, so the digital relay worked to correct the blinker issue anyways. :-)
86GT Automaic 2.8L, 05, G35, 96 MZ3