Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: 1987 GT for sale  (Read 14001 times)

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
1987 GT for sale
« on: October 14, 2019, 05:53:41 pm »
Also not mine.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1987-Pontiac-Fiero-GT/264497445742

Selling most of my cars. This is one that I've had for quite some time. I purchased this car in 2008 from the original owners with 83,000 miles on it in non-running condition. The car has the optional suede leather interior which is still in great shape with no rips or tears. the dash corners are still intact as well. The headliner and visors were recovered and still look great. The only part of the interior that looks unsightly is the center console storage door, it is curling up and I never replaced it because I was going to install a subwoofer there. Shortly after getting the car, I replaced the engine with one from an 88 GT with 62k on it. I also replaced the clutch at that time. The car runs and drives excellent and has decent power, the GETRAG manual trans is in great shape with NO grinding or unusual quirks. As usual, the A/C does not work, it needs a new compressor. I converted the system over to R-134 and charged the system up and it actually worked fantastic for one whole summer until the original compressor seized up and threw the belt. Compressors can be had from any local parts store for around $180 and it WILL work again. everything else works as it should, the heat and all airflow selections, power windows, mirrors, locks etc. I have upgraded several systems on the car as well, the headlight mechanisms have been rebuilt with brass gears, the window switches have been replaced with new ones as well as having "voltage increasers" installed so they go up and down faster with less load on the switches. The fuel and coolant temp gauges have been replaced with new as well as the fuel pump and sending unit for accurate readings. The shifter has been replaced with a shorter throw, not a stumpy little thing that makes it a pain to drive, but just a smoother operating and more positive feeling shifter, the shift mechanism has also been rebuilt with all new bushings and a "shift kit" consisting of new brackets and shift arms has been installed on the trans. The front suspension has been completely rebuilt with poly bushings, a newer rack with lower miles and the entire brake system has been redone as well with new rotors, pads and calipers. The parking brake system has been totally replaced as well but still doesn't work...shocker. The cruise control and electric trunk release no longer work but did up until about a year ago, haven't gotten around to fixing them yet. I have a new pair of qtr glass windows with the correct thick white foam tape for the car that I was waiting to install until after I painted the car, but I haven't gotten to that yet either.. All lights and blinkers work as they should, I installed a factory Pontiac CD player from a 2000ish Grand Prix GTP and it has Rockford Fosgate speakers in the sail panels with factory ones in the dash. Also installed a hard to find glove box on the dash. Sunroof and trunk weatherstrips are new as well and car doesn't leak anything anywhere, inside or out. Ive got everything needed to install a supercharged 3800 V6 into this car, brackets, mounts, engine, etc, that are available after the sale for an additional amount if so desired. I really wanted to finish this car but I have to many cars and not enough time. You can drive this car anywhere as is or put a nice paint job on it and really look great. These cars are going up in value and are really starting to come into their own again, so buy as an investment or simply enjoy a really cool car that was way ahead of its time.

Acworth, GA
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 05:56:49 pm by GTRS Fiero »

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Re: 1987 GT for sale
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2019, 07:26:47 pm »

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Re: 1987 GT for sale
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2019, 07:27:33 pm »