Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Patty's surgery today....  (Read 24037 times)

Fiero GTB

• I don't drive much, but when I do I drive my Fiero
    • View Profile
Re: Patty's surgery today....
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2013, 10:28:02 pm »
Hope all is well with Patty and you get some sleep RR.

Rest. Rest is good for the blood.

FGTB, what have you gotten into now!? Glad to hear you're getting better too!

Thx, Roger!  Surgeon said it was caused by too much lead in my right foot...  same thing a State Trooper told me one time.

Get well, Tink!  Get some sleep, RR!

XOXO,

FGTB

Every time my GPS says, "Your ETA is...,"
   I hear, "Your Time to Beat is..."

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2013, 09:15:52 pm »
How is she progressing?  Is she still in the hospital? 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

redraif

• View Profile
    • Indy SE #770 "Stormtrooper Edition"
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2013, 10:25:06 am »
We got home yesterday after some craziness.  We had good nurses during the day on tuesday, but by the time evening rolled around... ugh... the night nurse was horrible.  Patty was done with her 2nd unit of blood and we wee waiting and waiting and waiting.... we finally chased her down thru another nurse.  She came in and said sorry she wanted to handle her other paitents forst so she could devote some time to Patty.  She would be back in 15 min to hang the new blood.  We got her to give Patty one pain pill.  She made me empty Pattys catheter.... then she left.  I waited cause she said if the one pill was not enough she would give patty another in 45 min.  So I waited.  A tech came in and I had her get the nurse for the next pain pill.  Patty needed it. She said she would be right back.  She stopped Patty's fluids.   Hours went by and she never came back.  And still no blood.  I had fallen asleep finally cause I thought it was being handled.  Wow.  What a mess.  No Patty had a horrid headache cause she was dehydrated and still no blood.

Then she came in finally and had some folks help with the blood.  I had her drain the catheter this time.  It was her job anyway.  I was woozy from being asleep.  I had about 2@ that time.... with only 2 the night before and 2 the night before that... so I was not really feeling to steady.  She reluctantly agreed.  Then we never saw her again.  I kept having to get techs to do her job. The doc showed up and said Patty's blood numbers were good now.  She would get her ready to be discharged. Then the day nurse just disappeared.  She kept asking if we had been taught the home procedure.  Uh no Patty was not able to stand to even do it.  Oh... ok... she disapears..  Its like no one had a clue what was going on.  They were supposed to see if the blood worked and if Patty could even stand without passing out and no one would.   She neger came back and passed the buck over to one of the teaching nurses.... the one who was to show us how to work the catheter at home.  So this poor teacher had to get Patty up and walking and then show us how the catheter was to work at home.  She asked if we had been given our papers or supplies for home... nope.  She chased everything down.  Then we were left again.  The day nurse came in and said so u dressed and ready?  Huh?  Ugh no.  We thought we needed to be sure everything worked right a second time.  No yall are all done a ready to go...wtf.  oh here is lunch... u eat and get dressed then we willcall the wheel chair.  Wow ok.  So I got Patty dressed.  I asked about the parking and where to bring the car.  The nurse says that is a separate managing company.  I have no idea about where to pay for parking or bring ur car.  Nice.  I had to ask the volunteer shuttle driver.  So I got the car and parked in the drive up area and we still had to wait to even find someone to call the get the wheel chair they kept trying to push on us. 

But we got to the car finally and I got her taken care of.  All I can say is thank you Molly our first night nurse on Monday night.  You rock.  If not for her.  I learned almost everything i needed to help Patty by helping her.  I wish everyone had been so good. 

Anyother time at the hospital they are waking u up doing their jobs... here.... I had to stay awake to chase them down to make sure they were coming in a doing their jobs... ugh!  The excuse... they had just switched to a new computer system and it was glitchy and slowing them down.  Ok fine, but u still have to take care of the patient first!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 10:42:08 am by redraif »
1984 Modified Indy Fiero SE #770 "StormTrooper Edition"

Drag DR-34s
Frt: 225/45, 18x8, 39 offset , 84 WS6 springs -1.5 coils
Rear: 265/35, 18x8.5, 45 offset,  Coil-overs:  10 inch 300lb springs & 7 inch sleeve

redraif

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2013, 10:57:00 am »
So back at home and she and I are handling it.  I'm at work today.  I trained Dakotah, but she left part way thru and threw up.  Oh lord... it should be interesting with out me there.  Im so worried.  I hope she can work through it and help.  Its not hard and not gross at all honestly.  Oh and she is doing alternative schooling like home schooling this year.  Grades are better.  So it was perfect she would be home.  She had her exams this week and was going to take them mon and tues.  Well that did not happen.  As it was she was supposed to have all of them done so she could be at Pattys side after I had to go to work.  She has 5 out of 7 left.  She was going to take them today and tomorrow... ugh  The school is 30 min away, so if Patty needs her she is really further then I would like. So again... I'm worrying...

But Patty is home.  I have everything set up so the girls can do it.  Keep praying! :D
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 01:05:37 pm by redraif »

Drag DR-34s
Rear: 265/35, 18x8.5, 45 offset,  Coil-overs:  10 inch 300lb springs & 7 inch sleeve

redraif

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2013, 12:58:36 pm »
Omg.... just got a call from Charlie... he had come to check on us at the hospital. My post this am missed him.  I was so exhausted yesterday I could not remember where and who I had told what.  I should have said yesterday I got her home. 

So sorry Charlie.  You are SO AWESOME to come up there.  I feel horrible I did not double check if I posted here yesterday to say we eere home
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 01:00:19 pm by redraif »

Drag DR-34s

Fiero GTB

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2013, 09:52:26 pm »
Well, gals, you know the old adage that a hospital is no place to be when you're sick.  This sounds exactly like the poor nursing I had a few years ago when my gall bladder burst.  It is disgraceful!

Nancy had to pretty much live at the hospital (Emory Midtown - Crawford Long) for my 2-1/2 week sentence just to make sure anything got done.

My theory is, they scoop up all these young kids at job fairs, put them through a 4-hour community college course to become certified nurse-assistants, then throw them into the hospitals to do all the dirty work at half the hourly rate of a fast-food joint.

Anyway, I sympathize with you, and with Dakotah, re doing nursing work that you shouldn't be asked to do, and lose your stomach over.

That said, if you need any help with the catheter/bedpan emptying at all, you let me know, and I will personally...

...send FieroFool right over to help!  ;- )

XOXO,

FGTB

redraif

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2013, 11:44:43 pm »
Lol... well dakotah gets an a+ for the day.  Patty said she was awesome.  So whew.... big weight off my shoulders!

Drag DR-34s

redraif

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2013, 05:25:46 pm »
sorry I missed the meeting today.   Dakotah left to spend the weekend with her brother so I'm back on duty. 

So far so good.  The patient is better but still not able to leave the house... so...at least I get to spent my birthday taking it easy at home with Patty... lol.

Drag DR-34s

GrannyLinda

• I'm On The Right Track Baby, I WAS BORN THIS WAY !
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2013, 05:46:53 pm »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!
I'm On The Right Track Baby !!!!
I WAS BORN THIS WAY !!!!

redraif

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2013, 06:20:12 pm »
Thank you

Drag DR-34s

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2013, 06:39:12 pm »
Happy Jack Benny Day.  You may be too young to know who Jack Benny is and how it relates to birthdays.  If you don't know, just ask. 

Hope this is a good weekend for you with a birthday and Mothers Day and being with the ones you love. 

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Fiero GTB

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2013, 09:18:31 pm »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Shannon!

You certainly are earning your sainthood taking care of Tink and the rest!

We should rename your house "Shannon's Ark" -- you seem to be taking care of a minimum of two of everything: people, cats, dogs, cars....

XOXO,

FGTB

redraif

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2013, 09:28:55 pm »
Lol.... Tim u crack me up

Charlie.... no I have never heard the reference to Jack Benny and birthdays...

Drag DR-34s

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2013, 12:14:56 am »
Jack Benny was a radio and TV personality who had a comedy show.  He had a deadpan manner and a running joke that "WELL!, I'm ooonly 39 years old."  Reference to this is made in this link under the CAST section -- Jack Benny--  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Jack_Benny_Program

redraif

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2013, 01:49:39 am »
"WELL!, I'm ooonly 39 years old."  I really am... lol

Drag DR-34s