Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: For FREE Motorboike Yamaha TDM 1992 - San Francisco Bay  (Read 291 times)

PK

• View Profile
For FREE Motorboike Yamaha TDM 1992 - San Francisco Bay
« on: February 01, 2022, 03:03:49 am »
These are the "touring" boikes lonnng before the "touring boike" era.

This one has electrical issue and has been dropped but it is free!

I realise you are not a huge amount closer to San Francisco than I am....but you might know someone interested. 

Might be worth me posting on PFF too?

If interested let me know.

AJ_87Fiero

• View Profile
Re: For FREE Motorboike Yamaha TDM 1992 - San Francisco Bay
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2022, 01:05:23 pm »
These are the "touring" boikes lonnng before the "touring boike" era.

This one has electrical issue and has been dropped but it is free!

I realise you are not a huge amount closer to San Francisco than I am....but you might know someone interested. 

Might be worth me posting on PFF too?

If interested let me know.
I like those 80s/90s model!
Sample pic:

I'll ask around in my more 2-wheeler-inclined friend circles. There's one who travels to far off places like the Canadian border at least once a year to get his hands on something he declares is going to be the love of his life.......  :D
87 Fiero Coupe

PK

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2022, 05:39:01 pm »
It is indeed that same model/colour.  I have had mine  for a long time now... and am nearly at 100,000 miles on it.

I was very tempted to fly over, fix it and do some pootling but not good timing at the moment.

AJ_87Fiero

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2022, 09:38:49 am »
It is indeed that same model/colour.  I have had mine  for a long time now... and am nearly at 100,000 miles on it.

I was very tempted to fly over, fix it and do some pootling but not good timing at the moment.
100k?
1 hundred k?
ONE 100 kay?
*100 THOUSAND MILES?*

whoa, this must be the first time I'm hearing a bike with such legendary mileage!
KUDOS, Mr. PK! You have my respect!
Post a picture please :)

I am just getting up to 4k miles...if the bike lasts, I would keep riding!
87 Fiero Coupe

PK

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2022, 12:07:02 pm »
Yup.  I used to do A LOT of miles and tour all round euro land. Also ridden in Australia.    It has been at 90,000+ miles for about 10years as I don't get the chance to tour anymore.. 

The TDM was only available in the US of A in the "MK1" format (as shown in your excellent pic).  The MK2 not available in the US of A had a 270deg configuration of basically the same parallel twin 850cc enjun.

In 2002 the TDM900 was available.  Fuel injection and different enjun (not just rebore of existing design).  Production stopped in 2010.

Yup a TDM anorak.  They are brilliant boikes, ahead of their time. 乁ʕ •̀ ۝ •́ ʔㄏ

I don't think I can post pics from my tellingbone here.

What boike have you got Mr AJ?

« Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 12:09:39 pm by PK »

AJ_87Fiero

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2022, 11:22:52 am »
Yup.  I used to do A LOT of miles and tour all round euro land. Also ridden in Australia.    It has been at 90,000+ miles for about 10years as I don't get the chance to tour anymore.. 

The TDM was only available in the US of A in the "MK1" format (as shown in your excellent pic).  The MK2 not available in the US of A had a 270deg configuration of basically the same parallel twin 850cc enjun.

In 2002 the TDM900 was available.  Fuel injection and different enjun (not just rebore of existing design).  Production stopped in 2010.

Yup a TDM anorak.  They are brilliant boikes, ahead of their time. 乁ʕ •̀ ۝ •́ ʔㄏ

I don't think I can post pics from my tellingbone here.

What boike have you got Mr AJ?
Awesome...thank you for the loads of info! :)

I used to ride a Ninja (600cc class, around 20yrs ago!), a few other 'Asian version' (dumbed down, mass-production) KTMs.
I currently have a HYOSUNG GD250R, and am planning to upgrade - once prices switch from RIDICULOUSLY OVER-INFLATED mode to being REASONABLY INSANE
87 Fiero Coupe