Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Loose ends  (Read 15729 times)

Pegasus

• View Profile
Loose ends
« on: April 03, 2012, 01:54:58 pm »
I have a few wires in the engine bay that i need identified

1 and 3 have connectors. 2 has a tab that i guessed went to the deck lid

I have no idea what his goes to:

1: these wires go to a toggle switch that operates the cooling fan
2: There is a set of these connectors on each side of the fan, I assume these control it.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: Loose ends
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 02:09:36 pm »
First Photo:

Number 1 is the wire for the trunk release solenoid.  It should have a cone-shaped grommet on it that pushes into the rib of the deck lid.  There should be a counterpart down below the hinge. 

Number 2 is a ground clip.  It's actually clipped to the metal plate mounted in the recessed area of the deck lid.  It acts as a static shield for the radio to keep spark and alternator noise at a minimum.

Number 3, may be one of the wires that goes to the trunk light button, mounted on the lip of the trunk on the left side.

Other photos are Previous Owner's wiring, so I'm of no help on that.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Donster

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 02:10:40 pm »
Do your headlight motors work? Up/Down?

\D
Life is good!

Pegasus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 04:02:48 pm »
PO said one side did, one side didn't, but they're both fixed to stay up

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 06:20:50 pm »
Get your headlight wiring corrected and if the motors don't work, I offer a rebuild service.

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 06:28:05 pm »
I didn't pay close attention to the 2 connectors on each side of the cooling fan.  If they are blue wires and they have a round weatherpak connector that looks like it could be a fuse holder, then those are grounds for the headlight motors.  If the headlights have problems, they should stay disconnected. 

The headlights should each have a relay mounted on the inboard side of the mechanism.  There will be 2 harnesses that plug into each relay.  One side of each relay will have 2 wires coming out and entering the bottom of the headlight motor.  The third wire coming from the headlight motor should be the blue wire with the weatherpak connector.  The other end of that weatherpak connector should go into the chassis harness. 

As for the 2 wires running through the front trunk wall, I have no idea. 

Donster

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2012, 07:21:38 pm »
I didn't pay close attention to the 2 connectors on each side of the cooling fan.  If they are blue wires and they have a round weatherpak connector that looks like it could be a fuse holder, then those are grounds for the headlight motors.  If the headlights have problems, they should stay disconnected.   

...... and that's why I asked if his lights are working. I saw that those were the barrel-connectors. ;D

\D
Life is good!

Pegasus

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2012, 10:59:30 pm »
The other 2 wires are where the cooling fan is wired to a toggle switch. It only runs with the switch and works with the ignition off.