Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Introduction and my misc items  (Read 48284 times)

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Re: Introduction
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2017, 10:46:24 pm »
My oldest is 7.  It'll be a while.  That having been said, they attend the council meetings.  We just attended one in November.  The councilman lives on my block.

The kids weren't too happy to go, this last time, until I explained to them that it affected them, too.  Specifically, the nearby park's playground and splashpark.  The city spent over $1 million on repairs and upgrades, and the park is in terrible condition.  I had the kids write out their questions, and told them who was in charge.  The kids paid attention.  When the director of public works and the parks super took questions, my kids raised their hands until called upon, then asked their questions.  I didn't envy the officials in answering the questions.  The parks super started stammering--particularly when my kids insisted that the playground equipment is still falling apart.  The police chief actually had to ask the parks super if he was trying to intimidate my son.  My daughter wanted to know about the holes in the climbing rock.  The super insisted that the rock was solid.  My daughter persisted that there were holes.  The super finally admitted that the ”rock” was metal mesh with a coating, but insisted that the holes had been repaired.  My daughter stood her ground, just a bit nervously.  The super asked if anyone else had questions, and a lady said, ”no, the little girl is doing just fine.”  My daughter made her point, and my son did well.  When it was the turn of the chief of police, my son asked why it's OK for them to speed in our neighborhood.  After the chief happily stated that all his officers were there and introduced them, my daughter asked what police officers do.  The chief explained that they protect the citizens.  Then my daughter asked who is protecting them now?  The chief did not like that question, but I was proud of my kids.

Our council meetings draw about 20 people.  Usually the same people.  Meetings are every 6 months or so.  My kids have been attending since they were born.  Local politics are no different.  The promises never match the results.  The city never holds itself to the same standard that they hold you to.

Just today, I received a citation for ”improper trash storage”.  It was mailed, of course.  The code enforcement gestapo couldn't be bothered to ring the bell and speak with my wife.  I had to call to find out that they were fussing about a box and some bags in my carport.  The box was a delivery from FedEx (who also doesn't ring the bell), and the bags were rock salt.  The excuse was that he couldn't read what the bags said, and that the box would decompose.  I explained to the code enforcement super that this was another example of what was discussed in every council meeting: that his nonproductive jerks cite hardworking citizens for things out of ignorance.  Unless, of course, they could tell me what is inside the box.  So, court it is, again.  We go through a super every year or so.  They cited me when I replaced the brakes, when I replaced my front door, etc.  Meanwhile, they have potholes that both my shoes would fit in, the sidewalks are falling apart, they failed to do their leaf pickup, and the trash trucks leave trails of trash wherever they go.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 07:34:02 am by tshark »

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Re: Introduction
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2017, 04:50:17 pm »
It's kindof neat on here that you can delete posts.  I deleted 2 test posts on this thread, a few weeks ago..  What's really cool is that you can fix thread titles.  I was wondering how things got SOLD in the subject line.

I also see threads have been moved from one board to another, with apparently a redirect from the old location to the new location so you can find it.  Very cool!

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Re: Introduction and my Misc items
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2017, 04:40:48 pm »
I have a feeling the the following members all know each other:
Fierofool
TopNotch
GrannyLinda
Donster
Duchess
Redraif
Tinkerbell
f85gtron
Raydar
Roger
RobsFieros
Fiero GTB
scottb
pgackerman
oldone
steve128

Do all the regulars know each other?

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2017, 05:19:45 pm »
Mostly.  Donster and Duchess moved to Germany and it seems we've all lost touch.  Donster was once our club president.

TopNotch and GrannyLinda are married to one another.  President and Secretary/Treasurer

Redraif and Tinkerbell haven't been active with us in about 2 years. 

RobsFieros is president of East Tennessee Fiero Club in Athens, Tn.,  but can no longer participate due to having been nearly killed when hit by a car.  http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000003/HTML/20130314-6-073394.html   Our clubs were very active, participating in each's events.  Rob's a close friend.  We talk often.

F85GTron and PGAckerman life in Augusta and comprise part of the Central Savannah River Area sub-chapter of Georgia Fieros.

FieroGTB sold his 308GTB and went back to his old racing days.  He found a 71 Dodge Colt that he's refurbishing to look like his old race car.  Not to race, but just to show.  He and I are in constant contact with one another.

OldOne has temporarily to permanently moved to New York State with his daughter, due to the failing health of he and his wife.  I still talk with him periodically.

Roger is on our Board of Directors.  His wife often joins him in our events.

ScottB is a member of our Board of Directors

2500fps is a transplant from New York State.  Board Chairman

We have several Steves registered under various usernames, but the only active Steve we have is also known as Raydar.  Steve128 sounds familiar but isn't in our registered members list. 

But yes, we know one another, personally. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2017, 05:51:12 pm »
I grouped TopNotch/GrannyLinda, Donster/Duchess, and redraif/Tinkerbell because I knew of or suspected relationships.

I further suspect that redraif's family life came first (as it should).  She seemed to be very busy.

Good for you, keeping in contact with so many people.

Steve128 is on a different forum.  My bad.  Ron768 is of whom I was thinking.

Somehow, I thought oldone was younger than you are.

I don't see Atlanta1 on here, but you apparently know him, also.

I looked for other Fiero forums.  NC's is just one person posting occasionally.  The ETFC's forum uses the same software as this forum, but seems to be half done on a budget host.  Not really an active forum.  Jet City's site is active, but doesn't have a forum.  NIFE similarly updates their site, but no forum.

STL isn't as big as Atlanta or Chicago, but we have nothing, in the way of a Fiero club.  Sad, really.  JR is usually deployed or our of town, Rrunner moved, and the rest of us don't meet.  I think the furthest from me that anyone has showed up from was Independence (3.5 hours' drive).  Mark Krug is moving or has moved to NY.  2 people showed up once.  Still, that leaves peoole in Granite City, Greenville, Collinsville, O'Fallon, Cahokia, Troy, Quincy, Bloomington, Edwardsville, Belleville, St. James, St. Charles, and Columbia.  So, 15 of us within 2.5 hours' drive from me.  Life gets in the way.  Schedules conflict.

It's good you all can not only manage to meet regularly, but keep it up for so many years.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 05:54:06 pm by tshark »

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2017, 06:27:41 pm »
OldOne is younger than I.  I think at this time, I'm the oldest.  Maybe DeShoe is a few years older.  He hasn't been active until recently, so we don't know a lot about him, yet.  He's a quiet one.

Ron768 and Ron768.5 (Susan) live in Athens, Alabama, about 30 minutes west of Huntsville.  They participated when they lived in Fayetteville, NC, Raleith/Durham, NC, then they moved next door to me before they moved away.  Ron768 is our VP  Ron is a helicopter mechanic and has moved for job opportunities.  Ron is actually an Atlanta native. 

Atlanta1 usually pops up only when he has needs.  Only came to a meeting or two in the duration, usually to get help or advise.  I've been trying for years to get him to participate in meetings, events and the forum.  Hopefully, I can get him to join us in the St. Patrick's Day Parade along with a local guy who runs the Corson Registry.  Atlanta1 has a 355, a 328 and a Corson rebody. 

When you say Steve128, you aren't talking about Grumpy Ol' Steve from Maine are you?  84Fiero123?  If so, yes, I know him personally. 

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2017, 07:41:23 pm »
No, I didn't, but last I heard, 84Fiero123 was doing poorly.  I think his health has been declining for a while.  LOL!  ”Grumpy Ol' Steve”!  Yeah, that fits.

How old is the Georgia Fiero Club?

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2017, 08:17:23 pm »
Was Duchess on the board?  I saw that Anne left, creating a vacancy, a while back.  I didn't check for dates between that and Donster's move to Germany, nor do I know that Duchess is Anne.  Just a random thought.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2017, 08:30:36 pm »
Duchess and Anne are the same.  German pronunciation Ahnna.

84Fiero123 is home and progressing nicely.  He lives not far from the wife's family camp where we spent a lot of summer weekends.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2017, 08:37:00 pm »
Hold the mail!  Did I guess correctly, for once?

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2017, 08:39:29 pm »
The club will be 20 years old in September.  Read more in the History tab at the left of this page.

Roger

• Paid Members
  • If it’s the thought that counts, think money.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2017, 08:54:45 pm »
20 years?
I didn't realize I was getting that old! :P
Wow! It has been almost 20 years since I was attacked by a group of 4 GA Fiero Club members in Helen.
The bug bit and I was infected. ;D
You can't fix stupid but, you can adjust it with a 2x4.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Re: Introduction and my misc items
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2017, 07:04:24 pm »
I think I'm suffering Fiero withdrawals.  Saturday will be 4 months.  I should get it back in April.  I hope for a nice, dry weekend.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2017, 07:11:58 pm »
I was told today that my right thumb has too much laxity.  If it didn't hurt, I'd make it do more work.  It isn't constipated or loose.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2017, 07:23:42 pm »
I was told today that my right thumb has too much laxity.  If it didn't hurt, I'd make it do more work.  It isn't constipated or loose.

:D

Put it to work.  Get out on the highway, stick the arm out horizontally, thumb vertically and get down to Texas (?) and pick up that Fiero.