Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: 86 Fiero GT V6 - Canton Georgia. 3800SC Builds- Anybody?  (Read 15219 times)

FieroSeverino

• View Profile
86 Fiero GT V6 - Canton Georgia. 3800SC Builds- Anybody?
« on: October 12, 2013, 01:27:52 am »
Hello, new to forum- just wanted to drop in. 86 Fiero GT V6, 46K original miles. Wants to stall at cold start but good after its warmed up. Any clues? Also, I'm looking to see if anyone near Canton ga or north ATL, sandy springs alpharetta or anywhere nearby is capable of doing a 3800 SC III build in fieros.

It is good to know there is a Georgia Fiero Forum.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: 86 Fiero GT V6 - Canton Georgia. 3800SC Builds- Anybody?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 09:24:08 am »
Well, I don't know what happened to the reply I posted a short while ago, but here goes again.

Welcome to the forum.  That's a pretty low mileage Fiero.  If you do the conversion, I'm sure there are some on here that might be interested in the 2.8 dropout.  Currently, we have only 1 local mechanic that has done and is doing 3800 conversions.  He builds all his mounts and brackets and the wiring harness.  He has the ECM programmed to your particular engine setup.  He's also a Fiero-Friendly mechanic meaning that you won't come away with your gear shift arm and clutch leg (arm and a leg) missing.

The club meeting is today.  Come on down and meet the gang.  Directions are on the home page, but a quick version is:

From your direction, on I-285, as you cross over Buford Highway, move to the right and take the Chamblee-Tucker Road exit.  At Chamblee-Tucker Road, turn left and go to the traffic light at Henderson Mill Road.  Turn right onto Henderson Mill and the Galaxy Diner is immediately on the right.  Meeting starts at 1:30.  Hope to see you there.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

FieroSeverino

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 02:07:37 am »
Sorry if the reply got lost or disappeared, but Thank you for the quick response, 'Fierofool'! I'd like to, but I can't make it today. I just found out about that one but I'll try for the next one.

I'd like to meet that mechanic- he sounds very promising building the mounts, brackets and harness and ECM programming. Mine is an automatic 4, hopefully that won't make too much of a difference. Do you know where he is located?

Thanks again.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 08:32:36 am »
The 4 cylinder auto makes it a little more difficult as far as wiring harnesses, I think, but not positive about that.  The Fiero automatic would need to be replaced with something like one of the 4T60 series trans or a manual. 

L.A. Fieros is in Loganville.  He's been doing this for years, but is just starting to get a web site up and running.  Here's a FB link.

https://www.facebook.com/Fieros
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

FieroSeverino

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2013, 07:09:59 pm »
I appreciate the info- I'll check em' out.  ;D