Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: yet another problem with my lil fiero  (Read 18185 times)

Spartanzz

• View Profile
yet another problem with my lil fiero
« on: February 15, 2012, 10:57:50 pm »
Ok so i have been trying to figure out my idle problem for a while. My friend taylor just got his fiero set up and his idles fine. So we took his TPS and MAT and put them on my car to see if either were causing the problem. But, sadly neither sensor fixed the hunting idle. Then walking back to my car i looked at the rear bumper and on both sides it has a nice layer of black soot from the exhaust which if im correct means im running rich. If anyone has anything i could try out let me know trying to get this settled. Either that or get ahold of a 3.4 to drop into it >.<

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: yet another problem with my lil fiero
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 11:20:05 pm »
Ray was having the idle problem and we replaced the 0-2 sensor.  It cleaned up the rich burn a little but the idle problem was still there.  Then we replaced the fuel filter and all is well, now.  Nice and smooth and he says it seems to have more power.  You might throw a few bucks at Roger and get him to put his scanner on it to see what might be causing the problem. 

Taylor's car has the 7730 conversion so that ECM updates information much faster and therefore makes adjustments much quicker. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Spartanzz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 11:22:43 pm »
yeah i forgot about that on taylors car lol. Yeah when my CTS went bad i replaced the 02 as well and according to a guy at kauffmen the fuel filter was new. Think it would be worth it to get one to be sure its new?

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 11:57:53 pm »
Look at the bodies of the injectors. 
Are they solid black?
Are they black and silver?

Do you know if they are original?

Spartanzz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 08:56:30 pm »
i believe they are original. Ill have to take a look at them tomorrow when its light out to see what color they are. But, like i said i do believe they are original.