Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Pictures  (Read 14709 times)

scottb

• View Profile
Pictures
« on: November 11, 2013, 09:25:18 pm »
Could somebody please explain putting pictures on here? I dont understand anything about this.

Thank you, Scott

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: Pictures
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 08:15:41 am »
You will need to download and install Pat's PIP program in Administrator's Announcements or if you already have Pennock's Image Poster, it will work, too. 

You will also need to go to Powertoys For Windows (insert the version you're using)  For example, in the search bar, type in power toys for windows xp.  Then in the Microsoft search bar, type in photo resizer.  Here's the link for XP
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-xp/help/digitalphotography/resize-digital-pictures

Download the resizer program and install it on your computer.

Then, when you begin to post a message, you will need to open your My Pictures folder, then the folder that contains your picture.

Prepare your picture for posting.  Select the picture and right click.  Select Resize Photo, then select Medium.  That will install a second picture in your folder.  Close the folder and My Pictures.

Open Pat's Image Poster or Pennock's Image Poster.

Click Browse and in the drop down menu, select My Pictures, then find the folder that contains your picture.  Click on the folder, then click Open on the PIP screen.

Find the resized photo and single click on it.  Click Post It.  You should get another popup that says download successful.  Click OK.

Place your cursor in your message and left click.  Hold down Ctrl and at the same time type V.  This will place the image. 

There is no need to resize any image that's less than 1 MB. 

There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers