Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: 2017 FIERO /Grassroots Challenger  (Read 25007 times)

GTXVette

• View Profile
Re: 2017 FIERO /Grassroots Challenger
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2017, 10:19:48 am »
 Hopefully I have Swayed some of you to have an intrest in this Project, I know I must get it up here soon to begin the Needed work.   I also hope those that are Intrested have been able to find time to look at the Sponser of the event's Forum(GRM) to see the Intrest Others have in Making this Show.
  I see that now another Collage has decided to bring a team ,  Smith's Collage,  An all Girl's team, Bravo for them! I had thought about Copying the Post From Grassroots Motorsports and Putting it here But Didn't want to Get in trouble for using anothers printed Story. so go over there and read About it. 
 I am becoming Excited about entering this Show and the Popularity it has through out the USA. 

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2017, 06:29:58 pm »
Much more interesting when you start working on it.

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2017, 07:32:05 pm »
                   thank you for Noticing the Obvious.
    I am presently putting togeather a presentation to try and Attract a Sponsor or Two because of a situation I have Encountered,
My Money source was mostly coming from the Blazer I owned that I wrecked and was parting out, the person Whose house it was at decided against using the engine I was GIVING him (Old Friend?) and Gave it to a Salvage yard thinking I Gave Him the Whole Damn Thing. It's Gone and so are the Funds It would have Brought in.     My Fault Only.
   I still have a shop full of crap to sell on Craigslist but must get my Butt In Gear. as they say "Onward through the Fog" heck It's only a grand, easy peasy.   also my Fault is trying to buy two cars at the Same Time, I was buying another C4 for a parts car, that I don't really Need right now but still Owe 250.00 on that.  Money Money Money.  LAFF OUT LOUD.   

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2017, 08:01:36 pm »
A suggestion for our club members and officers.  Maybe we could provide some needed parts from our parts barn.  I know it's difficult for folks to break away from life's happenings to help out by the laying on of hands. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2017, 06:51:35 am »

GTRS; I must apoligize for being "Snappy"  I'm A bit Upset, with the deal with the Blazer, I will recover.

FF;  Thank you for the Offer, Very Kind 'Specialy since I'm not even a member yet. I will get the engine useable, but tuning the stock ecm or the Mega squirt will take tools and Knowledge I do not Posess, I am going to learn,  It's the "Old Dog New trick thing"  Also I've yet to contact the persons that Ya'll suggested that have done this swap, I thought I'd Have the Car by Now. Have a great day!

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2017, 10:06:53 am »
BTW, do you know Rodvr6 from BallGround?  I've issued invitations to meetings and events often over a number of years, but nothing.  He's supposedly pretty knowledgeable when it comes to performance, so I hear.  He's on PFF.  Couldn't get him to register here. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2017, 02:50:12 pm »

Don't know him by Rodvr6, but a dude that has a couple Fiero's lives around here and is the Person that Bought my Brothers Wide Body Car, it was one of Clay Young's Road race cars and was a Factory / Huffaker  car. My Brother Kenny had Painted it Viper Silver And it was Sharp then he Fogged the Nose Viper Blue and I wasn't as Fond of that, There are some Pics of it around So I'll dig them up and post them, Oddly they look Much Like the Yellow and red on the car I'm Getting that's Now Grey. you know Kenny's was yellow and so was the one I'm getting and all Clay's cars were .......Seeing a trend here!

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2017, 06:29:46 pm »
   GTRS; I must apoligize for being "Snappy"  I'm A bit Upset, with the deal with the Blazer, I will recover.

No worries, but you can call me Captain.  jk

I almost didn't post anything for that reason, but it was what I was thinking.  I mean, it's been a while, and I have zero patience.  Also, it's terrible when you get no replies, and it seems no one is interested.

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2017, 06:47:16 pm »
 too many Irons in the Fire, I began Buying the C4 Just before Jeremy and I setteled on the Fiero, Heck I've had to walk away from an aluminum v8 215 Buick that I gave a deposit on. I was going to use it in the Fiero but decided Enough was enough!
But thanks for Understanding.

AndyNeuman

• View Profile
Original Builder
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2017, 09:12:50 pm »
Almost 99% certain the guys that built this car originally built the Fiero.  https://york.craigslist.org/cto/6158403793.html

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2017, 11:22:44 am »
 That appears to be a Quality build,  I am not too big on 3-wheeled cars But really love the 3-wheeled Morgan V twin air cooled and the Bmw (see an old Movie "The Party)(one of Peter Sellers first)Cars  from the 30's, Maybe Triumph also, it looked like a TD with a V Twin up front.
 Andy I saw you were having Trouble with one of your cars Is it one you are Taking to the Challenge?

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2017, 08:11:06 am »

Turns Out the car in "The Party" is a Matchless, Very very Kool. 

The newest car in My Driveway Is an 85 C4,Paid for and about to be put up till Next year,   What that means is NOW I Can Concentrate On the Fiero,     I work pretty good under pressure, so well see.

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2017, 07:16:23 pm »
  Bump for a friend to see.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2017, 07:46:17 am »
Remind me.  Do you have this Fiero, yet?

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2017, 01:41:29 pm »

NO.!

to
                                                                      go

and it's in Jacksonville Fla.  Looking for some sort of Sponsor