Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: 88 front suspension and brake upgrades vs. early cars.  (Read 16088 times)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: 88 front suspension and brake upgrades vs. early cars.
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2017, 07:56:14 pm »
GTXVette, I don't think the lack of response or help is due to lack of interest.  It's more likely that it's over our heads so some way out front ideas such as yours may seem un-dooable to us.  Other than Raydar, 4.3 and Tha Driver, most of us have never done major mods to our cars.  Those who have, have not been the first to do them so they had up-front how-to, parts and guidance or they paid someone to do it.  I'm sure that at some point in his beginning V8Archie was told he couldn't to the engine installs he was planning.  Don't give up on it.  Or us.

When it comes to hands-on help, only myself, DeShoe, OldOne and GrannyLinda don't hold down a day job. My time is highly limited by my wife's health issues. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2017, 07:21:49 am »

Love Ya'll Brother!       what raydar posted give me the Info I needed.  Paul we will talk.  Like I said I am just trying to get ahead of the Curve, because the car isn't here yet.  I should get a job ........ya know Idle Hands and all....

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2017, 07:14:56 pm »

Been digging around the shop and found not one but Two sets of the Girling Calipers that meet what he has shown .  so I will look into using the calipers that use the Larger Piston but still they are just Single piston Calipers,    then I looked some more and found some Jaguar 4 piston Calipers that would be for the rear of a jag. with the same bolt pattern or spacing so likely those will be on front but I also have some Jaguar 4 piston MONSTER brembo calipers that would require a 13 inch rotor but have a much wider spacing to mount them and I would also need to change up his Diagrams but very Doable. What I don't like are his Cut an weld hubs or the Corvair deal even though I raced a corvair D-prod. car in the early 70's.   

OK,  so Back in the day........ they made a sleeve that would fit OVER the spindle on the 55 chevy spindle to mount 3/4 ton Hubs for round track racing.   so I will look into making a set similar but somewhat smaller and I belive That would be better and then use the Corvette Hub Bearing size rather than the Small Fiero Or Slightly larger  Corvair Hub.       The wheels are turning  Thanks again Raydar.

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2017, 10:35:29 pm »
Good luck, man!