Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: My Fiero 3800na Swap by Lee Arnett  (Read 15911 times)

2215nadia

• View Profile
My Fiero 3800na Swap by Lee Arnett
« on: November 16, 2012, 07:59:05 am »
Hello All

First post, and first day on the Forum. Just wanted to give a call out for Lee Arnett. He finished my 3800 swap last week and I must say his attention to detail is incredible, Lee stripped the Engine bay and repainted it then re insulated the fire wall with not one but two layers of insulation and then painted that. He painted all heat shields and even all the visible fasteners on the engine and in the whole bay. Lee's engineering of all the Brackets for the swap look like they were Factory and the Trans and motor mounts were created with the same attention to detail. Lee went as far to wrap the hard lines for the AC with exhaust wrap so the heat transference is minimal. When Lee was in the process of assembling the Block after the Machine work was done, he did not like the way the oil pump was acting in the timing cover , So he goes to pull a part and spends all day going thru the 3800's there to get the right one just to save me a dime. His wiring and placement of coils etc. look right, and no one can beat the man's exhaust work. When I pulled into the Gas station yesterday three guys came over to see what I had in my car, and when I opened the deck lid their reaction gave me a smile. One comment was you would never know this from the outside { the car needs some Exterior Love Badly } Don Hulce did the interior before I bought the car and its well done. I have drove the car 600 miles this week, and I must say that when you are on 85 going 80 and only turning 2000 + a little RPMS from the 4T60E's overdrive, I remember the 125's reaction to the same { ouch!} Very Happy with the outcome with this car and will be tweaking as time allows. Lee did so much I cannot mention everything, he and his wife delivered the car too. { what mechanic does that?}
Thanks for letting me put my two cents in.

Tom

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: My Fiero 3800na Swap by Lee Arnett
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 01:04:45 pm »
Tom, welcome to the forum and Georgia Fieros.  Hope to be seeing more of you and the 86.  Give me another call if you want the information on those painters to get the Exterior Love. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

2215nadia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 04:50:57 pm »
Thank you.

T

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 06:19:36 pm »
Excellent!

And welcome to the madness. Sorry I missed your post, the first time around.

Flyboy81

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 09:44:47 pm »
Just curious, what did the swap cost you?  I didn't notice it mentioned and where was this located?  Thanks.