Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: pull a part trip  (Read 20668 times)

cogcaviz24

• View Profile
    • Facebook
pull a part trip
« on: February 20, 2009, 01:57:54 pm »
hey fierofool (or anyone), a friend and I am going to pull a part tomorrow and check out the 3 fiero's that are showing on inventory, and maybe some others. not sure on what time yet, waiting to here if he still going. if you wanna come or meet us or need something, let me know.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: pull a part trip
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 02:41:06 pm »
I guess you're talking about the North Yard?  There isn't much left of them.  There's an 84, 85, and 86.  The 85GT may still have a starter and alternator with alternator bracket on it.  The engine's been stripped.  But, if you don't want them and can get the valve covers off it, I'd take them.  It had a 4-speed tranny and cables in it, last I saw.  The shifter's gone, but I think the 84 still has the 4-speed shifter. 

I've got fuel pump issues with my car and I need to get that resolved.  Can't make the trip with you.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

cogcaviz24

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 02:50:08 pm »
i'll see what i can do. i'm was gonna check out some of the interior parts, and a couple other odds and ends

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 06:18:26 pm »
Did you find any goodies at pullapart?

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

cogcaviz24

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 09:17:16 pm »
the trip wasn't too sucessful, for me anyway. i found a radio bezel that was in ok shape. the bolt holes were not broke, but it needs to be painted. and I found some vents, some of mine are broke.but that's about it

charlie, the 2.8l no longer had the valve covers on it.

i was hoping to find a diamond in the ruff in the form of good engine (fat chance i know), found some potenial but no luck.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 09:49:33 pm »
Yeah, that 85 had 171,000 on it.  You said you were looking for some interior parts.  What do you need?  I have a couple of consoles, a radio surround, a couple of radio face plates, A and B pillar trim and the right side lower sill trim.

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2009, 02:37:52 pm »
Someone on Pennock's said one of the cars is a t-top car. How much, if any, of the t-top parts are left. Anything would be valuable -- little plastic pieces or whatever.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

cogcaviz24

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2009, 06:35:32 pm »
the actual t-tops are gone, the seals are there though. didn't realy pay that area of the car much attention since my car has a sunroof
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 06:51:35 pm by cogcaviz24 »

cogcaviz24

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2009, 09:58:49 pm »
has anyone got done look at the 85 fiero at pull-a-part north? it was just put in the lot on the 13th. i'll going in the A.M. to check it out

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2009, 10:26:10 pm »
If it's a manual and the shift surround isn't separated and buckled and the radioi surround isn't separated and buckled, I'll take them if you don't need them.  If it has power mirrors, I'll take the right one.

Rat Pee 86

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2009, 06:16:44 am »
I was at the PAP lot on Buford Hwy Weds the 12th....didn't see any Fiero remains...just my luck one pops in the next day ! North lot is the one on Buford Hwy, right ?

Rat Pee 86

cogcaviz24

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2009, 07:30:00 am »
yup, i'll be leaving with in an hour so to go check it out. i also need other stuff that from another car

cogcaviz24

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2009, 02:22:24 pm »
so the fiero in the lot is a red(repainted from what i can tell) 2m4 manual, tilt and a/c. unfortunately, for me, that means there was not much I could use. i did take the radiator overflow tank 'cause mine has a broken tab. the car is in pretty good shape. i forgot bring my digitl, but had my cell phone, on to the pics:

all the body panel are straight and good shape except the front bumper. it looked warped. the quarter windows were cracked. if that GTA sitting beside it had all 4 wheels i would have walked with them

missing all the reflectors

the headlights in the up position is a pretty good indication that the motors are shot. and they wouldn't go down manualy

all 4 wheels are there and look ok, i took the intake grill hardware(lost mine)

all the interior pieces that are there are ok. it's missing a passenger seat, console, and ecu. i thought about taking the dash, it's all black and mine is 2tone

the headliner looks good, sagging just above driver and passenger heads though. i tried to get the map light housing but i didn't have my star bits

door panels are decent, that's the trunk carpet in the seat location. has gonna take the trunk carpet, but mine has the blower

i've never seen this before

the engine is missing some stuff

77056.6 on the clock

gas tank is gone

oil pan is damaged

a couple pictures of the VIN. the 1st character is "G" the last one is "1" or "I"

here is some the other stuff i thought were pic worthy:

what are these seats from? look alot like fiero seats

here is the answer: cutlas Calais 500

not a sticker, very detailed paint job. i wasn't surprised to see a lift kit on it

cogcaviz24

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2009, 02:25:46 pm »
i came home with a overflow tank, some random hardware, a horn from a ford ranger( for my father-in-law) and this:

it's a mirror from a 92 roadmaster. any know what that cylinder is for???

cogcaviz24

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2009, 02:27:11 pm »
oh yeah, if you need to open the trunk on that fiero, you will need a long flat screwdriver. the lock has been pulled