Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Jonathon David Jenkins  (Read 121 times)

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Jonathon David Jenkins
« on: February 06, 2023, 08:07:12 pm »
In case you don't know who that name belongs to, it's my stepson, my late wife Linda's son. He inherited a condition from his father called Cardio Myopathy. His father died from it when Jonathon was only 12 years old.
Had it been an earlier year, it may have now been time for Jonathon to also fall victim to the disease, but the good Lord had other plans. Last Wednesday he received a heart transplant at the UAB hospital in Birmingham, Alabama. Thanks to modern medical technology and the sacrifice of a family whose loved one perished, Jonathon has a new lease on life.
Jonathon is growing stronger every day. He even joked about going to fire school to be re-certified as a fire fighter (his old job years ago). Please remember him in your prayers as he begins this new phase of his life.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2023, 08:11:02 pm by TopNotch »
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

The Art Doctor

• View Profile
Re: Jonathon David Jenkins
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2023, 08:17:34 pm »
I wish him all the best.  My sister in law just got a kidney from a live donor, in a three way trade deal, a friend of hers tested to not be good for her but was a good donor so the hospital asked her to still donate and she said she would if they found one for my SIL, and they did.  Wild times as far as medical advances go.