Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: 87 at Atl Pull a Part South  (Read 367 times)

montegut

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
87 at Atl Pull a Part South
« on: May 14, 2022, 12:59:33 pm »
I just got a notice of an 87 at the Atlanta Pull A Part south. There is also an 88 at Pull a Part north. You guys don’t realize how lucky you are. Over the past 3 years there has only been one fiero at the Baton Rouge Pull a Part and one in Jackson! The closest to me is two Hours away and the other over three.
Good hunting everyone.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: 87 at Atl Pull a Part South
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2022, 10:52:15 pm »
We have had some good hits here.  Years back Ronzrx and I stripped a near perfect 84SE with 60 something thousand miles.  Sheepskin seat covers.  Brown interior.  I still have the perfect dash, instrument panel and shift surround in the garage. 

Roger and I grabbed a full set of rebuilt 88 calipers with new brake lines and pads.  All were freshly installed and had never been on the road. 

Scott and I pretty much stripped an 87 coupe that had new struts, shocks, calipers, rotors and lots of other stuff on it.  Pulled the Generation 2 headlight system with harness and other goodies.   

Back when Don Hulse was living, Paul Ackerman or Ron Scantlin qued us in on about 5 Fieros just over the line from Augusta and we went down to canibalize them.  They were a private collection and not in a yard. 

The one currently on the yard is a blue 87.  Might be worth checking out. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2022, 10:27:11 pm »
Spent about half the day there with Spartanzz while he pulled a 3800SC.  I pulled the headlight module, a good undamaged coolant recovery tank, and got the power mirror switch assembly.  The console skeleton looked to be undamaged.  At least none of the screw holes underneath the shift surround were split or any of the other screw holes I saw.  A very good shift knob.  I pulled the retainer clip but still couldn't get the knob off.  Gray leather with no wear. 

The dash appeared to be in good condition.  I didn't see any cracks.  Some of the removal process has already been accomplished.  The steering column is removed, and the auxiliary cluster is removed.  Just remove the main instrument cluster the two screws in each speaker area, then the screws underneath each end and it's out. 

It looks to have recent brake calipers and I did see some new brake hoses.  It also has some very good condition aftermarket wheels and Uniroyal tires that are very new.  Not worn or weathered.  Full tread.  The full Generation 2 headlight harness is there, sans module and headlight assemblies.  Radiator is there.  It's an automatic.  I'll post a  picture of the wheels later. 

The wheels have locking lug nuts.  You can see the style in the picture.  You will need something to remove these if you want the wheels.  If the key was there, it probably went with the ignition key and the steering column.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2022, 07:50:39 am by Fierofool »
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

montegut

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2022, 04:05:10 pm »
Was in town for a quick weekend visit and made a stop. Charlie had  given my daughter the drip rail I needed from another car a couple of months ago and I picked up the other side today. It was in better shape than my old one. Also got the door panels because they also are better than mine.

Still waiting on the body shop to paint! I am ready!