Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: I've got TICKS!  (Read 19542 times)

f85gtron

• View Profile
Re: I've got TICKS!
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2014, 05:30:10 am »
I found it on pff. TT SLICK hailing from Columbus, Ga. Where it's he now?
Someone else spotted the center cover as:
"The center removeable plate is an idi cover from a 2.4 twin cam. The 96 up "quad 4""
Definitely looks doable. I wonder if building smaller diameter logs and tying them together with turbo piping into one tb would be even cheaper and still produce crazy results. Damn. Now I've got another project. And all this out of a buggered pushrod.
85 GT manual NOW powered by 7730
3.4 bored to 3.5, cammed out and DIS'd
F23 connecting power to ground
My wife won't ride in it. It's "the other woman" ;)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2014, 08:57:12 am »
I knew his username started with T but the only thing I came up with was TLG. 

He brought the car up to the meetings a couple of times.  Not only is the engine beautiful, but so is the car, inside and out.  He came out of nowhere and showed up at one of the Fiero Factory swap meets and at our meet, then just disappeared again. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

f85gtron

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2014, 12:51:03 pm »
I emailed him off pff. He replied and seemed willing to answer questions if i attempted it. He said he lives far away and doesn't follow the forum anymore. He did say, however, that he still ownes his car. Good for him.
Ron

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2014, 02:54:18 pm »
If you could find another throttle body that uses the TPS and IAC in the same manner as the Fiero, but that has a larger bore, a single intake with 2 logs could work.  Have you looked at the Camaro or Firebird 3.4 throttle bodies and intakes?  It might be possible to split those intakes into 2 and actually make a dual TB intake from them. 

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2014, 03:00:32 pm »
Ken Wheeler up in Robbinsville, NC did this dual throttle body setup.  Much cheaper and said that it's a real kick in the seat when the second one opens up.  Totally adjustable so that it works like a progressive 4-barrel or 2 2-barrels.

f85gtron

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2014, 06:55:40 am »
If you could find another throttle body that uses the TPS and IAC in the same manner as the Fiero, but that has a larger bore, a single intake with 2 logs could work.  Have you looked at the Camaro or Firebird 3.4 throttle bodies and intakes?  It might be possible to split those intakes into 2 and actually make a dual TB intake from them.
I've been looking at that. The middle and plenum are one piece, same bolt pattern to our manifold, but face toward the battery and the distributor is in the way.
Solution:
Relocate battery
Cut out a relief for the distributor.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2014, 08:44:40 am »
If you remember, our cylinder heads are symmetrical. You can mount the heads on either bank.  Likewise, you can turn the intake around the other way.  Some have actually used the Camaro or Firebird intake and throttle body on the Fiero by changing to the DIS ignition.  That eliminates the distributor, making clearance for the intake.  You wouldn't need to relocate the battery. 

Use an 88 crossover pipe that would move the EGR valve a little further to the left, and you would also remove the single ignition coil and mount a coil pack on the trunk wall. 

Here's a short thread with a pic.
http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/000539.html

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2014, 12:46:16 pm »
Here's another thread of a 3.4 intake used in a Fiero.  You can see that he has it turned the same as ours.  You do have to use the 3.4 valve covers because ours are too high.  You eliminate our middle intake manifold and bolt direct to the lower manifold.  Unfortunately he didn't update his thread so there aren't any finished pictures. 

http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/085801.html

f85gtron

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2014, 01:52:48 pm »
I decided to go with opening up the factory plenum. You can see my work in http://www.gafiero.org/bbs/index.php?topic=1800.0 this "restrictions" topic. I'm still thinking heavily about the dual intake setup. I'll see first if I'm satisfied with this mod  ;)
Ron